Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The myth of "shot placement - shot placement - shot placement"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Dude, not cool. I hate bugs that go snap crackle squish with bunches of goo. They're always the ones that I plainly see are about to whack my motorcycle visor, but there's not enough time to act before they're a big smear in front of my face. After dark I sometimes slow down and see how fast I can go and still have enough reflexes to move my head out of the way and avoid them. Sometimes I come home with neck cramps because of that really smart game.
    You know what’s squishy on in the inside and also flies at night; bats. Luckily the only one I’ve hit was just a glancing blow to the helmet.

The goose that objected to me leaving a parking lot on the other hand was a solid hit, though I may have played a roll in escalating the situation (ain’t no damn goose going to tell me what to do).

I’ll admit that one ended in a draw with both parties deciding to end the confrontation.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post
    Either I didn't make myself clear or some if you are missing the point, or both.

I wasn't refering to marksmanship as such but the supposed ability to pick your spot on a moving or partially concealed target while under fire and stressed, the 2" wide CNS, for example. Aren't we supposed to be in motion as well?

I was thinking that under most circumstances, putting lead on target, regardless of bullet size would be challenging enough without trying for the cns or cranium.

Don't write me off as a neewby because I tire of hearing the spouting of conventional wisdom. I've been shooting for over 60 years and have competed in several match categories for decades. I'll go up against any of you (shooting paper or steel). I suspect we would all score about the same against a moving, shooting team of thugs running for cover in low light.
    Y'all can go on howling at the moon, but this is all I have to say. Gooday
    So when faced with a difficult challenge in life, you just say “well, that seems hard, I’m not going to bother trying for perfect, I’ll just settle for spray and pray?”

Honestly, if you really have been shooting for 60 years that’s probably more of a detriment than a benefit at this point, for a variety of reasons, so maybe FOR YOU striving for perfect isn’t the answer. .

FOR ME, I always strive for perfect. I’m always gunning for 100%. I want things built right, I want them out in their proper place, I want them cleaned correctly, I want the documentation to be perfect... do I ever achieve this? Rarely. But I can tell you that by shooting for 100 I always come out ahead of those that show up only looking to shoot for 50...

So for me, I’m going to at least TRY to get good hits on important anatomy. I’ll shoot for the most important anatomy presented to at the time.

Reminds me of “so I shot him in the cock”...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Either I didn't make myself clear or some if you are missing the point, or both.

I wasn't refering to marksmanship as such but the supposed ability to pick your spot on a moving or partially concealed target while under fire and stressed, the 2" wide CNS, for example. Aren't we supposed to be in motion as well?

I was thinking that under most circumstances, putting lead on target, regardless of bullet size would be challenging enough without trying for the cns or cranium.

Don't write me off as a neewby because I tire of hearing the spouting of conventional wisdom. I've been shooting for over 60 years and have competed in several match categories for decades. I'll go up against any of you (shooting paper or steel). I suspect we would all score about the same against a moving, shooting team of thugs running for cover in low light.
    Y'all can go on howling at the moon, but this is all I have to say. Gooday
    Doing it wrong for a really long time dont make it right by virtue of longevity. Will your head explode if we belt out "aim small miss small"?

Don't write me off as a neewby because I tire of hearing the spouting of conventional wisdom. I've been shooting for over 60 years and have competed in several match categories for decades. I'll go up against any of you (shooting paper or steel).
    Out of curiosity, what is your USPSA classification? IDPA Classification? Steel Challenge classification? By your quoted statement above I assume you must be a master or GM in many categories.

Site Supporter
    If I can hit the target in the off button with a .32 caliber but can't hit it with a .45 caliber then the wisdom of our super skilled OP who has been "shooting for 60 years" and could probably kick my ass in a shooting match (which is a static environment) would seem to dictate you should carry the .45

Sounds like tight logic to me!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I admit I am missing the point. I agree that hitting perfect shots might not be easy.

How does that end in

...caliber matters.
    this conclusion?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @TBone550 ‘s post also reminded me about having to crawl up under those same grandparents crawl space one time because I was little and we were running some tv cable from their new satellite dish. And....the entire crawl space area was filled with hundreds of camel crickets, which are harmless, but unpleasant company when one is squeezing themselves through the 2.5” feet of space between the dirt and floor joists of an older house at the age of 9 or 10 years old.

Attachment 60977
    It turns out that those little bastages can A>jump very high, B>employ ninja-like stealth techniques to avoid detection and capture and C>make a lot of racket. I know this because the second apartment I ever rented turned out to be in a dive-complex (nicknamed "Peasant Run") and it was infested with them. I still occasionally go to that complex's page on apartmentratings.com and read the comments from previous tenants for a good laugh...

It's always the "bin shootin fur 60 years" dudes.

In keeping with the depth of this thread, I am now off to watch my toenails grow having just watered them recently. 🤣😂
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I'm bored and you should let the man speak.
    Because sometimes there's a man...

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List