Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The myth of "shot placement - shot placement - shot placement"

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Mas wrote about it in the September/October 1991 issue of American Handgunner: “Day of the Terminator: The Chaney/Lawrence Incident.”

Excellent article, if you can find a copy.
    That article was one included in "The Ayoob Files: The Book." It's still available from Police Bookshelf if anyone is interested. Price listed at $20.95.

For what its' worth, the article gave the load used as 38 Special +P. 125gr. SJHP, brand not stated.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Now, for crickets and nasty spiders: I use a .177 Crossman air pistol. If the critter has a heavy exoskeleton, I will use a pellet. If not, just the sudden burst of compressed air will tear it to pieces. That pistol will kill a mouse or rat as well. A steel spatula has proven to be a deadly mouse chopper of opportunity.
    we used to call that 'Power Flyswatting'. My parents had a house with cedar siding and the big brown roaches loved it. Our preferred weapon was a Daisy air rifle with 8-10 pumps and no pellet (or sometimes one of those felt cleaning pellets), and creep that muzzle as close as possible. That would generally 'experience a lose of containment' in a very catastrophic way.

Thankfully I have no experience with shooting people, so I cannot contribute from any personal experience on that topic.

User Tag List