Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: The myth of "shot placement - shot placement - shot placement"

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    But has any .45ACP bullet bathed in Hitler brains?

The .32ACP: WAY more antifacist than ANTIFA.
    Well, yeah, it's in the name: .32 Antifascist Corrective Preparation. Originally they just wanted to call it Preparation H for Hitler but, between the grandfather paradox, and a trademark dispute with a different product for treating a different kind of flaming rectum, it just didn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Well, yeah, it's in the name: .32 Antifascist Corrective Preparation. Originally they just wanted to call it Preparation H for Hitler but, between the grandfather paradox, and a trademark dispute with a different product for treating a different kind of flaming rectum, it just didn't happen...
    Well, I have been referring to my p32 as my "RASP" (Redneck ASP) but I may go with that medication name instead.

"It's for unexpected problems with assholes!" 😎
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

The president of my local gun range is a retired cop and a .45 ACP zealot. He tells a story about being a rookie cop in the 1970’s and responding with his more experienced partner to some sort of felony call. The veteran cop was carrying a 1911.

They found the perpetrator/suspect, but he tried to run away from them. Apparently back in the 1970’s the police could shoot at a fleeing felon. The veteran cop drew his pistol and fired one shot of .45 ACP. The fleeing suspect flipped back, a yard off the ground, feet forward, and then fell straight down with a thud.

He was quickly apprehended, and when they checked they were amazed that he was uninjured. The suspect had been wearing platform shoes, which were in style at the time. The bullet had hit the high heel of the shoe, causing the suspect to trip, fall, and get the wind knocked out of him.

My local gun range president quickly bought a .45 and has been disparaging lesser calibers ever since.

That’s the way I heard it.
    Last edited by 37th Mass; 09-29-2020 at 05:15 PM.

But have you ever been downwind of the Mead paper plant in Chillicothe, OH? If you could bottle that, sort of like pepper spray, and if the laws of war allow, THAT would be legendary knock down power...
    They must have done something because it’s seems a bit weaker than it was in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    They must have done something because it’s seems a bit weaker than it was in the 80s.
    We used to drive through there pretty frequently to visit my grandparents back in the early 80's. I remember it as being the most vile scent on earth starting miles before you got near the town. Haven't been by there in decades though to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That video was one of four stories in a 1991 Caliber Press Police Survival video titled “ultimate Survivors.”

I believe @Mas did a write up on that incident for the Ayoob Files in American Handgunner as well. Incident occurred in Louisiana.
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    This happened in a relative's apartment. She narrowly missed being killed. Being hit in the pelvis was given as one reason the man went down. Now days current thought says that it is not a sure thing--going down after a pelvis hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    I found some information on that shooting in Baton Rouge.

Police Officer Linda A. Lawrence
    Baton Rouge Police Department, Louisiana
    End of Watch Monday, August 1, 1977

This post mentions Mas so don't know if it's a copy of his write-up: A bad day on patrol.

The surviving officer was Steve Chaney. Seems to be some debate on .38 Spl +P or .357 Magnum being used.

In summary, the hits on the BG were:

Gunshot Wound #1: Forearm near wrist.
    Gunshot Wounds #2 and #3: Chest.
    Gunshot Wound #4: Left side of thorax near spleen, muzzle contact.
    Gunshot Wound #5: Center mass, near diaphragm, near contact.
    Gunshot Wound #6: Top of head, near contact.
    Gunshot Wounds #7 and #8: Chest.
    Gunshot Wound #9: Abdomen.
    Gunshot Wound #10: Right hip.
    Mas wrote about it in the September/October 1991 issue of American Handgunner: “Day of the Terminator: The Chaney/Lawrence Incident.”

Excellent article, if you can find a copy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Mas wrote about it in the September/October 1991 issue of American Handgunner: “Day of the Terminator: The Chaney/Lawrence Incident.”

Excellent article, if you can find a copy.
    I have an article that cited MAS' article plus other sources as references. It is excellent. When I archived it for my use, I failed to cite it properly. I will happily email a copy to site supporters. Those interested can pm me their email addresses and I will send what I have which will be screenshots.

We used to drive through there pretty frequently to visit my grandparents back in the early 80's. I remember it as being the most vile scent on earth starting miles before you got near the town. Haven't been by there in decades though to be fair.
    I was through there a lot in the 80s when I was in college in Athens. I only get through there maybe once a year now and it isn’t as noticeable. Could also be less production going on there too. I know they sold off a lot of their forest land.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Regarding the concept that shooting a .45 ACP 1911 tearing MY arm off, well, no; just no, and I look like the skinny “before” picture in a fitness ad. An all-steel, full-sized 1911 is one of the orthopedic handguns, among pistols shooting duty/service-type cartridges, that I can still shoot, with my gimpy, aging right hand. Steel to provide mass to damp recoil, a low bore axis to minimize flip, a mild-pressure-curve cartridge; what’s not to like? I will concede that my samples of the 1911 all have high-rise duck-tail grip safeties, but I do plan to add a 1911 with a old-school grip safety, soon, and will compare.
    All the 1911s I use for carry, home defense, and serious practice/training have a beavertail grip safety and undercut trigger guard because there is real benefit to getting a higher grip on the gun. But I must confess the traditional models I own with the standard GI-style grip safety are fun to shoot simply for enjoyment -- especially my Gold Cup National Match. I just don't shoot them nearly as often since it takes time and ammo away from actual training.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Having been to the birthplace of the speer gold dots on many occasions (Lewiston, ID) I feel compelled to make the correction.
    I read the first three posts of this thread when it started up and have been ignoring it since. At 18 pages, I checked in to see if anything interesting or useful had come of it. It hasn't, apparently.

Just replying uselessly to say that the later comments on the paper mill idea had me also thinking about Lewiston and CCI. Apparently, people who live there get their smellers burned out so they can't smell it anymore.

Oh, and all my 1911s are P220s.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List