Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mis feeds brand new Hellcat. Normal break in?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Aaaaaarrg!!!

15 min composing an answer on my grip and somehow it got deleted!!!

Ill try again tomorrow!
    If I have a fair amount of text, or details, I'll often compose in my notes app, then copy and paste.
    Taking a break from social media.

If you cleaned & lubed I personally would follow HCMs advice. He is FED LEO and also an armorer qualified on multiple platforms. Ammo is too expensive to waste.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1118280

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Yup,.. I did lube the gun according to the manual first.

Went to a second range after writting this and I purchased some different ammo. Federal 147 gr HST. I finished firing both the Gold dot ammo (30 rounds) from the 13 round mags. without any problems.

Next I loaded them with the federals and I wound up experiencing even MORE misfeeds than the first time. I even started getting a few mis fires! Primer was struck but round didn't fire. (...misfire mostly occurred with the fmj reloads. But once with the federal 9mm also).

I noticed the slide is not cycling and seating fully forward. It's shy about 1mm and this isn't resetting the trigger. When I release the "MAGAZINE" the slide moves forward the rest of the way with the misfed round in the chamber. This happened several times with all types of ammo.

I didn't have any trouble with misfeeds or misfires with the range's rental Hellcat. Pretty sure the weapon is defective. But im going to disassemble, clean, lube and reassemble it and see if it works any better.

Btw,.. I reloaded one of the misfires. It had a firing pin strike mark on it but it did fire the second time.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List