Thread: Four Day, 310-mile Fundraiser Bike Ride to support Veterans

Site Supporter

Four Day, 310-mile Fundraiser Bike Ride to support Veterans

Friends,

Despite the current craziness around us, on October 1st, I’ll start Ride Allegheny 2020, a four-day 310-mile bicycle ride from Pittsburgh, PA to Gaithersburg, MD. This will be my fourth year in a row taking on the challenge. No, I am not crazy. I’m just crazy about the cause. This ride is a fundraiser for Operation Second Chance (OCS), a Maryland based non-profit that helps wounded, ill and disabled Veterans across the country.

PTSD, high rates of suicide, homelessness, and high unemployment rates, are challenges that faced our veterans before COVID-19. The loss of jobs and social isolation caused by the Coronavirus only make these challenges worse. In short, our nation's heroes need us right now - more than ever. Please consider supporting this effort. OCS is a remarkable organization that is making a difference in the lives of my fellow veterans.

To help support this cause, please click on this link to my Ride Allegheny donation page.

Thank you for your support. Please send good wishes for dry, sunny weather and not flat tires for the ride next week.

Thank you,

Curran

P.S. Operation Second Chance is a great steward of our financial support . Year after year, OCS receives a perfect Four Star Rating from Charity Navigator and earns a Platinum Rating from GuideStar. It was listed as a Top 10 Disabled Veteran Charity by Military.com and named Maryland’s #1 Charity. Over 90% of money raised goes to help those Veterans in need.

Put up a post next year when sign ups start, as others possibly like me would be interested in attending as well.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Put up a post next year when sign ups start, as others possibly like me would be interested in attending as well.
    Will do. Registration typically opens up in February.

Site Supporter
    Donated -- Looks like a beautiful part of the country and a great cause.

Enjoy the ride!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Donated -- Looks like a beautiful part of the country and a great cause.

Enjoy the ride!
    Awesome! Thanks for the donation!

Site Supporter
    The bike is loaded and bag packed. The email out of office notice is turned on (one of my favorite parts of this trip.)

One final bump for a good cause before departing to Pittsburg.

Thanks,

User Tag List