Thread: First day out with new barrel - Wilson full fit G19.5, 150gr syntech, 25 yards

First day out with new barrel - Wilson full fit G19.5, 150gr syntech, 25 yards

Pictured is the only group I shot off a rest, I'd guess ~1.7 inches. I shot several other groups before getting a bag out to see what loads had potential. In an odd position sitting with my back to a wall the other groups were barely larger with 150gr syntech, 115gr gold dots, and some Underwood penetrators. So far the fit barrel seems to just about cut groups in half in terms of maximum potential. I had a 43 out today for the first time and it shot the lighter 115gr syntech better than the full fit barrel 19 shot 115gr syntech (awful ~7"). The 43 did a ~3.5" group with 115gr gold dots which is about as good as my factory Glocks ever do. Not particularly a 115gr gold dot guy, it is just what I had for accuracy testing.

I am delighted with the results and will test more loads soon. I'm not sure how much of the ~1.7 inch spread is my human error.

I tried KKM, Silencerco, Faxon, Backup Tactical, and Griffin drop in barrels. I would go KKM as far as drop in, but now I think A fit barrel is worth the trouble.

Looks like my 7 yard "groups".

I imagine you have to send in the complete gun for the full-fit? I was wondering if the slide + locking block would suffice but doubt it.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I imagine you have to send in the complete gun for the full-fit? I was wondering if the slide + locking block would suffice but doubt it.
    I had to send the whole gun. They will want to test fire.

Update: I shot a rushed group when I had a minute today with 115 Fiocchi in the fit Wilson 19.5 and it shot under 2" and that was with me feeling like I pulled two shots just a pinch. So I don't think it is too ammo fussy, only disliked the 115 Syntech so far.

What kind of groups were you getting with the OEM Glock barrel?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Very nice.

Is this just a barrel and fitment? Does Wilson add a different locking block by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    What kind of groups were you getting with the OEM Glock barrel?
    I was getting ~5 inch groups at 25 with a few brands / weights of ball ammo in that 19.5 MOS. Defensive ammo shot better, maybe ~3.5 inches. Typical for my Glocks.
    Last edited by Henry; 09-27-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Very nice.

Is this just a barrel and fitment? Does Wilson add a different locking block by any chance?
    Yea, just the fit barrel. No change to the locking block.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I was getting ~5 inch groups at 25 with a few brands / weights of ball ammo in that 19.5 MOS. Defensive ammo shot better, maybe ~3.5 inches. Typical for my Glocks.
    That’s a little surprising and disappointing with how the Gen5 barrels are supposed to be more accurate than the previous generations. Based on the groups you’re showing with the Wilson barrel, I’m willing to rule out shooter error for the OEM barrel. Wondering if you got a lemon.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    That’s a little surprising and disappointing with how the Gen5 barrels are supposed to be more accurate than the previous generations. Based on the groups you’re showing with the Wilson barrel, I’m willing to rule out shooter error for the OEM barrel. Wondering if you got a lemon.
    Accuracy wise my two 19.5 are nothing special compared to my 19.3 or either of my two 19.4. They are the best Glocks ever, but the accuracy is the same in my experience.

My ~2010 19.4 is actually my most accurate Glock and will do 2" at 25 with 135gr Hornady. I started shooting pistols for accuracy at 25 yards about five years ago and figured out right away that the gun is often to be blamed.

I am not too interested in getting better at bench shooting Glocks or getting sub 1" groups at 25 yards. If my group is over 2" without me feeling like I pulled a shot then the bullets are simply going to a place that the sights were never lined up on. I'll still take a 4" gun if it serves my purpose.

User Tag List