Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone excited for any professional fights coming up?

Site Supporter

Anyone excited for any professional fights coming up?

Couple big fights coming up with Adesanya vs Costa, the eventual fight between Khabib and Gaethje. Anybody got any MMA fights they're interested in seeing?

I'm also kinda interested in some of FloGrapplings WNO card on 10/2 with guys like Craig Jones, Roberto Jimenez, Gordon Ryan, Geo Martinez, Paulo Miyao, and interestingly, wrestler Tony Ramos, agreed to compete with Nicky Ryan in a submission grappling match, which definitely seems like a strange rule set to agree with, but I like seeing different styles compete.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Not excited, but interested to see the results. I won't plunk down the money to watch any of 'em.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

One of the least woke sports I still watch. If anybody is fighting I’m tuning in, don’t give a damn about nfl,nba, mlb....I don’t want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Silly as it might seem, I'm really interested in the Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr fight. Mostly because watching the Tyson 80's era matches was my first introduction to watching boxing. That was actually only earlier this year, as I never followed boxing much. I don't know the names of all the greats and I don't know any of their records - but I like Tyson.

I like MMA more, and I'm looking forward to the Adesanya vs Costa fight. But I don't care enough to shell out for ESPN+ to see it. I'll catch the highlight reels on the web somewhere.

The prelims are on ESPN2 at 8. I'll catch those later on in the evening when I can zip through the commercials and gaps between bouts.

Sometimes, maybe even often, you can catch a gem during the prelims.

I've been a gigantic fan of the UFC / MMA since it's very start, but since they were bought and put behind the ESPN+ pay wall, including the PPV..... I lost interest pretty quick. Occasionally I'll head to the bar to catch big name fights. Tonight's match-up has me somewhat interested.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    I've been a gigantic fan of the UFC / MMA since it's very start, but since they were bought and put behind the ESPN+ pay wall, including the PPV..... I lost interest pretty quick. Occasionally I'll head to the bar to catch big name fights. Tonight's match-up has me somewhat interested.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I go back to the early days as well. I have a VCR tape I made with I believe UFC 1-6 on it in the closet somewhere. (But no VCR anymore.)

I'm definitely not into it like I once was, (or even how I once was with boxing back in the day), but I still enjoy watching the talented practitioners ply their trade...and always enjoy a well fought contest. (I think I paid for one PPV some years back...and that was it for me.)

Back in the 80's we'd go to Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan to watch the big fights with Hagler, Hearns, Duran, and Leonard.

Site Supporter
    No lie, I was really hoping for the Khabib/Ferguson fight, but like a lot of you guys, I'm probably just gonna catch the highlights.

Some of the guys I train with occasionally hold watch parties, so they plunk down the money, the rest of us bring the beer, wings, and nachos and just have a good time.

I think one of the most amazing things about today is that you can find some absolutely incredible fights online for free. Some might be older, but you can see good Muay Thai bouts, great grappling matches, MMA fights from Japan back in the day. It's really the best time to be a fight fan.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    UFC Fight Pass is a no-brainer for fight fans, in my opinion. I believe it's $100 / year (I can't check my account from where I am) and includes a staggering fight library as well as live MMA events as part of the package (just not live UFC events - they become available a few months after the fact). My wife got hooked on Invicta FC and I'm presently working my way through PRIDE's glory days. Live events happen multiple times a month at the moment, including pretty much all of the UFC's feeder promotions as well as things like Submission Underground. Pre-COVID, they had live Muay Thai out of Thailand about a once a week if I recall correctly.

They did an interface overhaul about 16 months ago: the thing was an unusable dumpster fire prior to that. When they did their interface overhaul, they added a 24/7 stream of recorded MMA events running non-stop, so if you just want to see some variety of fight, you literally just turn the app on. They have apps for both XBOX and FireTV. Not sure about Roku or AppleTV, but I'd be kind of surprised if it weren't available on those platforms as well.

It's definitely worth checking out. Being able to watch all of Bas Rutten's fights without screwing with torrents or paying for bootleg DVDs is worth the money alone.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    They did an interface overhaul about 16 months ago: the thing was an unusable dumpster fire prior to that. When they did their interface overhaul, they added a 24/7 stream of recorded MMA events running non-stop, so if you just want to see some variety of fight, you literally just turn the app on. They have apps for both XBOX and FireTV. Not sure about Roku or AppleTV, but I'd be kind of surprised if it weren't available on those platforms as well.

It's definitely worth checking out. Being able to watch all of Bas Rutten's fights without screwing with torrents or paying for bootleg DVDs is worth the money alone.
    Did they update the Xbox app? I moved from Roku to Xbox a while back and had to cancel my subscription as the app was near unusable on Xbox.

The 24 Oct card should be good, a bunch of Dagestani fighters, with the main card featuring Khabib Vs Gaethje. I don't know what it is about Dagestan that turns out such great fighters, but they're definitely enjoyable to watch.

User Tag List