Thread: Trying out a new speedloader pouch

Trying out a new speedloader pouch

Got this off eBay for $25

Not as concealable as a cd-2 but it's really nice for when that doesn't matter.
    Name:  IMG_20211108_112259.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  90.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20211108_154150~2.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  72.9 KB

It's a duty belt sized pouch I used a couple screws to tighten it up for normal belt use.

If you need a couple more, pm your info. I have a few more than I need. K frame, yes? The one with the burled stocks?

03RN:

Please let us know how those work out for you. Safariland makes (or at least used to make) a concealment version for 1.75 inch belts. They work pretty well at securing/hiding Comp II loaders. The two downsides I have found with that style loader is that they are slow for me to access and there is no version for a Comp III speed loader. At one point Safariland did make an elongated version of that pouch for Comp IIIs. I have only ever seen one.

My current solution is a G. Wm. Davis double speed loader pouch. I found one for sale at a local gun show for $10.00 and grabbed it on a whim. It works pretty well. The gent who took over Mr. Davis's business indicated he would make the same pouch but with deeper pockets to accommodate 357 magnum ammo. I really liked the minimalist style. I have one on order. Once it arrives, I will get a photo and do a post.

I am on a quest to find a useful pouch for a Comp III loader. It has been way harder than I ever imagined. I forget who said it, possibly Dagga Boy, but it is almost easier to carry a second revolver than to find an unobtrusive way to carry a speed loader. I still think some sort of a horizontal carry is workable. I had a local saddle maker prototype one for me. While the work was great, the elastic he used was not sufficient to retain the Comp III loader. I think a single speed loader pouch is generally sufficient. I usually carry multiple speed loaders in pockets and really only need a pouch for a single emergency reload. I used the same type of system for carrying my AR magazines on my plate carriers before I retired. I always had a single magazine for my M4 that was a dedicated emergency reload.

Take care,

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    If you need a couple more, pm your info. I have a few more than I need. K frame, yes? The one with the burled stocks?
    Thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    03RN:

Please let us know how those work out for you. Safariland makes (or at least used to make) a concealment version for 1.75 inch belts. They work pretty well at securing/hiding Comp II loaders. The two downsides I have found with that style loader is that they are slow for me to access and there is no version for a Comp III speed loader. At one point Safariland did make an elongated version of that pouch for Comp IIIs. I have only ever seen one.

My current solution is a G. Wm. Davis double speed loader pouch. I found one for sale at a local gun show for $10.00 and grabbed it on a whim. It works pretty well. The gent who took over Mr. Davis's business indicated he would make the same pouch but with deeper pockets to accommodate 357 magnum ammo. I really liked the minimalist style. I have one on order. Once it arrives, I will get a photo and do a post.

I am on a quest to find a useful pouch for a Comp III loader. It has been way harder than I ever imagined. I forget who said it, possibly Dagga Boy, but it is almost easier to carry a second revolver than to find an unobtrusive way to carry a speed loader. I still think some sort of a horizontal carry is workable. I had a local saddle maker prototype one for me. While the work was great, the elastic he used was not sufficient to retain the Comp III loader. I think a single speed loader pouch is generally sufficient. I usually carry multiple speed loaders in pockets and really only need a pouch for a single emergency reload. I used the same type of system for carrying my AR magazines on my plate carriers before I retired. I always had a single magazine for my M4 that was a dedicated emergency reload.

Take care,

Bruce
    I've seen the pouches designed for the smaller belts and was planning on one of those but came across a blog where the author made the same modifications I did. He felt the leather on the bottom helped to keep the loaders from flopping out. Kind of like using a g19 in a g17 aiwb holster. Which I found to be a problem with the JOX kydex holder.

I don't think it's been worth developing new gear for revolvers pretty much my entire life. I understand it but wish there were people doing it.

I keep wanting to try different speedloaders but it's hard enough finding geer for comp 2s, let alone anything else.

If a comp 3 fits in a cd-2 then it would probably work pretty good at 12oclock iwb

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Got this off eBay for $25

Not as concealable as a cd-2 but it's really nice for when that doesn't matter.
    Name:  IMG_20211108_112259.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  90.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20211108_154150~2.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  72.9 KB

It's a duty belt sized pouch I used a couple screws to tighten it up for normal belt use.
    What is the model of pouch? I like those

Thanks

Disregard I saw you posted the link + thank you

User Tag List