Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At last! S&W Performance Center model 66 F comp

Site Supporter

At last! S&W Performance Center model 66 F comp

I have been looking for a S&W Performance Center F comp for more than a few years. Every time I see one they would be super expensive. I finally found one. It has the dreaded Hillary hole and is missing the factory box so it’s more of a shooter than collector grade. That works better for me. I picked it up the other day and tried to find .357 mag ammo. No luck finding any ammo except for some Hornady 125 gr XTP that cost $1.00 a round. I am looking forward to shooting this one. Hopefully after the election I can buy some speer gold dot. I love the orange front sight. I wish millet still made these sights . I have a set of ahrends retro banana grips on the way. Name:  5662BD4A-5626-430F-9BD5-00A8B5801690.jpg
Views: 1905
Size:  62.6 KB

Nice pistol. I had one of the older and more common K-Comp models, a 19-7. It was replaced with a M681 QuadraPort as the F-Comp was so rare I never saw one in the flesh.

Thank you for following proper etiquette and posting a pic.

Nice find. Enjoy.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Me likey!!!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Oh Man! I’d love to find that model! Enjoy! 👍👍👍👍

B E A utiful

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have been looking for a S&W Performance Center F comp for more than a few years. Every time I see one they would be super expensive. I finally found one. It has the dreaded Hillary hole and is missing the factory box so it’s more of a shooter than collector grade. That works better for me. I picked it up the other day and tried to find .357 mag ammo. No luck finding any ammo except for some Hornady 125 gr XTP that cost $1.00 a round. I am looking forward to shooting this one. Hopefully after the election I can buy some speer gold dot. I love the orange front sight. I wish millet still made these sights . I have a set of ahrends retro banana grips on the way. Name:  5662BD4A-5626-430F-9BD5-00A8B5801690.jpg
Views: 1905
Size:  62.6 KB
    That smiff tho!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have been looking for a S&W Performance Center F comp for more than a few years. Every time I see one they would be super expensive. I finally found one. It has the dreaded Hillary hole and is missing the factory box so it’s more of a shooter than collector grade. That works better for me. I picked it up the other day and tried to find .357 mag ammo. No luck finding any ammo except for some Hornady 125 gr XTP that cost $1.00 a round. I am looking forward to shooting this one. Hopefully after the election I can buy some speer gold dot. I love the orange front sight. I wish millet still made these sights . I have a set of ahrends retro banana grips on the way.
    Very nice. I've got some handloaded .357 using H110. If you send it down I promise to take pics and video of the comp test.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    @Poconnor - Summit Gun Broker has R-P 125-grain JHP for $29/box of 50.

Site Supporter
    Thanks revchuck38. Hopefully I will find some 158 JHP and some speer 135 gold dot

User Tag List