Thread: Rival Arms barrel

Rival Arms barrel

Bought a Rival Arms threaded barrel for my 19X Roland project on a whim since my go to Faxon are perpetually out of stock.
    It dropped in perfectly with pretty much zero play and zero bind.
    Did a quick rapid fire function and rough zero check at 15 yards then painted the steel and backed off to 30Y to get a solid zero verification.
    The 8" steel plate fits perfectly within the Holosun circle reticle at 30Y giving me a double verification of dot centering for zero.

The results of 3 rounds of 115gr American Eagle fired slow fire at 30Y:

Name:  19xrivalat30y.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  57.1 KB

Bumped it up a few clicks and went back to 50Y and started beating that plate like it owed me money.
    If all Rival barrels are as good as this one, they make good stuff.
    My PMM comp should be here Monday for extra fun.

The build:
    Glock 19X with RMR cut milled by Jagerwerks, Ameriglo all black suppressor sights.
    Holosun 508T.
    Apex trigger kit.
    Agency Arms low profile alloy magwell.
    Rival Arms spiral fluted, threaded match barrel.
    PMM Gen5 comp (on the way).

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I also have 2 Mayhem Syndicate Mk2 Carry Comps coming to test on carry guns.
    One for my Gen5 26, the other for my second 19X.

Once I decided to try some comps, I decided to go all in on them for a while.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    Nice. Planning to get a PMM comp soon too. I have a Victory First threaded barrel on hand, but haven't shot groups with it yet. Going to use a Gen5 19 or a 45 for the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    but haven't shot groups with it yet.
    I hate shooting "groups", especially on paper.
    That's why I zero on a 8" steel plate.
    Start at 15Y and get a rough estimate and rough zero, basically go until I'm knocking all the paint out of the center.
    Once I'm centered at 15Y I paint and back up to 30Y and fine tune a little with 3-5 shots strings (I go by feel. If 3 shots feel solid I walk up and go with it, if I toss one I go with 4 or 5 shots).
    Once I'm centered at 30Y I go to 50Y and just start shooting.
    With a zeroed dot sight on my Gen5 Glocks and good ammo I expect to hit a 8" plate every time and if I don't hit it I better have "called my miss".
    If I'm not hitting the plate and don't know why I go back to 30Y and tune my zero a bit more.

With iron sights I do the exact same process except on a 10" plate.

Are you zeroing off the bench or offhand?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are you zeroing off the bench or offhand?
    off hand

Thanks, I've been wondering which way to do it. I don't think I'm consistent enough yet to do it offhand...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks, I've been wondering which way to do it. I don't think I'm consistent enough yet to do it offhand...
    You have to be really solid on "calling your shots" to be able to recognize when hits and misses were due to the "hardware" or the "software".

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    off hand
    That's damn manly!

User Tag List