Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: preferred Glock slide length for red dot

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. The good thing is that there's not a bad decision to be made between the models you're considering/that have been mentioned in the thread. While from a pure sighting perspective with a RDS a longer-slided G17, etc. don't provide any advantage, there's certainly not a huge disadvantage in going with them if that's your preference when you've factored in all of your criteria and preferences.

Best, Jon
    Shot an action steel match yesterday where most of our squad was using an RDS (Trijicon SROs all around, I think, as they apparently all train at the same BJJ school). Didn't really pay much attention to the details of the pistols they were mounted on, but their ability to get hits compared to the iron-sighted shooters was interesting. Not sure I care about that necessarily for games, and not sure I trust any RDS for carry (nor am I interested in making my carry gun bigger, heavier and more expensive!) but it was interesting nonetheless.

What I think I arrived at while mulling it over on the drive home is to start by shooting the Glock I have, purchase a 34 MOS if I think that will make a difference with my G19 when shooting irons, use that as a test-bed for CCO at some point in the future, and then settle on something like the G45 as a dedicated CCO pistol and return the 34 to non-RDS condition when I want to shoot irons only.

That'll all probably take at least a year, at which point the G45 probably won't still be the answer.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I’m almost embarrassed to admit this, but hey - I’m an analyst, and I need to anal.

With the release of the new Glock 43X and 48 MOS I decided I wanted to put together a carry RDS equipped slimline Glock. I had been considering milling my existing 43 or 48, but I stalled long enough that Glock solved that problem.

My issue was which size? I decided I needed to sim each, so I took the RMR off my 19.5 (it was due for a battery change anyways) and *duct taped* it to the slides of both to see what the balance was like. (It’s not as good as live fire, but even Gorilla brand duct tape couldn’t handle that.)

My argument in favor of the 48 MOS was that it would handle similarly to my 19; for the 43 MOS, that it would be significantly smaller than what I already have. The 43X won, I have a Swampfox Sentinel and other parts here waiting for my 43X MOS to be delivered.

Now, if Glock would just release a 26.5 MOS...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List