Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The breechface groove in Gen5 Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Question - the 19 Gen5 has gone through a few changes. Is there a cutout in the bottom of the front of the grip right above the magwell? Does it have forward serrations on the sides of the slide? I’m not sure if there are any part changes from the early to current 19.5s, but knowing what you have might help. (Edit - I see RJ already covered the parts question above.)

Also, weaker range ammunition might eject a little erratically - that’s my experience.
    No cutout that I can tell. But it does have forward serration on the slide.
    I was using all sorts of ammo. From 115gr fmj up to 147gr Hp.

Im certainly not a trained shooter. So even tho I can manage a pretty decent grouping from one clip,.. I can then be all OVER the place with the next. LoL! So flawed technique is certainly not out of the question as a contributing factor. 😉

Name:  IMG_2733.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  36.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2753.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  50.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    No cutout that I can tell. But it does have forward serration on the slide.
    I was using all sorts of ammo. From 115gr fmj up to 147gr Hp.

Im certainly not a trained shooter. So even tho I can manage a pretty decent grouping from one clip,.. I can then be all OVER the place with the next. LoL! So flawed technique is certainly not out of the question as a contributing factor. 😉

Name:  IMG_2733.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  36.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2753.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  50.0 KB
    Your gun should have the breechface cut.

Hand guns in general and Glocks in particular are sensitive to variations in grip.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Your gun should have the breechface cut.

Hand guns in general and Glocks in particular are sensitive to variations in grip.
    @HCM So then,.. apparently there are more than One version of a Gen5 Glock 19?

Well That's confusing!! 😳🤷*♂️😂

Yep. Well, maybe it's more accurate to say there has been some "evolution" of the G5 G19s. @HCM would probably know more. My early-production 2017 looks like your first picture. Mismatched pig-nose dustcover on the front, below the slide, and all.

I don't have an issue with the grip cutout due to my size M office worker hands. It drives others nuts.

The front slide serrations is for grip (obviously) but I am not high speed low drag enough to use them (if they are a HSLD option, I don't know.)

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    All G43Xs should have the cut
    My G48 s/n BPZnnnn purchased Sep 20 has the cut. I finally got a chance to take a picture:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-10-04 16-10-22.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  19.3 KB

Site Supporter

Inline changes as detailed by RJ. Yours will be the configuration of all G19.5’s going forward.

Not uncommon. Sometimes inline changes Are introduced when it is necessary to replace molds or other production tooling.

The front cut out was a feature on Gen 1, 2, and early Gen 3 guns. The FBI requested it’s return on the 19M. The purpose is to allow magazines to be more easily stripped out one handed in an emergency. Some people don’t like them - they Don’t bother me. Glock is addressing those issue via mag base plates with an extended lip on the front instead.

User Tag List