Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruh, Roh, Raggy... missing ballots for Trump

As for deceit...I trust no one on either side of the aisle.

I just know which untrustworthy candidates I feel are less likely to leave me stripped of the rights I value (on the whole).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I usually have to vote by mail (trips to the USA are usually expensive).
    However, my 2018 ballot never made it to the precinct.

One benefit of the Rona mess, and being stuck in the USA is that I should be able to vote in person this year.
    After that, I'm sending the ballots via DHL with a tracking number.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    As for deceit...I trust no one on either side of the aisle.

I just know which untrustworthy candidates I feel are less likely to leave me stripped of the rights I value (on the whole).
    Just look at the states where you have a single party running things, and ask if you want that party running the nation.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The sec of state for WA is a republican. She runs the voting in WA which is primarily mail in. WA is a blue state.

Now there will probably be millions of Trump ballots dumped into rivers across the country but I think all 144 of them will be counted here.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Our county has been absentee/mail in voting for a lot of years. I've never once mailed our ballots. I drive into town and drop them in the ballot collection box at the courthouse.

Site Supporter
    For multiple elections, Pennsylvania used voting machines that did not generate a paper record. Without fail, every single election generated reports of people who voted Republican, but when asked to review their choices before hitting submit, found that their vote was about to be recorded as Democrat. Going back and changing the vote invariably failed to correct the problem. It was always blamed on a "calibration error." More likely, whoever tried to screw with the Assembly code in the microcontroller didn't get the code to do exactly what they hoped. Now that we fill out paper ballots and feed them into the machine ourselves, the problem has disappeared, and at least locally, Republicans have been doing better in elections.

Philadelphia has a reputation for having more votes cast than registered voters. An election judge there was recently convicted of stuffing ballot boxes.

How many of you remember Florida during the 2000 election? Three counties kept counting and re-counting the ballots to see if there was a way they could re-interpret the results for Gore. Along the way, at least a couple of boxes of uncounted ballots were "discovered," and of course most of them were for Gore.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court recently ruled that the deadline for counting mail-in ballots must be extended beyond election day, ensuring that corrupt election judges have time to figure out how many more ballots they need to "receive" in order to gt the result they want.

9 ballots may not seem like much, but it is one piece of a much larger puzzle.

Mail-in voting may be necessary for people who are required to be physically distant from the polling place or who are not physically capable of getting to the polling place, but increasing reliance on it presents too many opportunities for fraud.

I will vote in person at my polling place, regardless of whatever scare tactics are used to keep people away.

My big question is what does Trump do if he loses the election. Somehow he will have to produce a body. No body, no crime. They never did find Jimmy Hoffa.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Nine. Ballots.

I believe in the press they call that "burying the lead."
    Lede. But yeah, 9 ballots isn't likely to affect the election. Still, it is early in election season, it makes you wonder how many more might have been discarded without discovery, and it is not exactly from the first time military ballots have gone uncounted...

It is not about the 9 ballots. It's about the evidence that it could be a bigger systematic issue. Like during a financial audit, the auditors take a sample and based on the sample, they draw a conclusion about the data integrity. The sample does not have to be large. Those 9 ballots is definitely a red flag.
    I personally expect anything from the democrats today. We already saw disinformation campaigns, blunt lies, abuse of power on local and federal levels, direct violence all over the country. They will not stop at anything. So this next step is rather logical.

Sidebar mini rant about the U.S. Postal Service, and one that I have actually had a face to face conversation with a post lady in a town I used to live in before I moved to the even smaller town I currently reside in. I actually did not mind giving this lady a slightly hard time because she was a pain in the ass about all manner of things..

Anyways,

I was mailing a small package. Post lady/single old lady probably with 12 cats in her home, asked me if I wanted to pay for extra insurance on the package.

It kind of struck me odd right then.

So I told her:

I was paying them to perform a service.

Then they want me to pay extra money to ensure that they do the job that I was paying them to do in the first place.

How about they do the job right the first time.

What a crock of horse crap.

Fortunately the small town P.O. where I am at is very laid back. The guy that runs it is a good guy and easy going. I have actually used their scales to weigh rifles before I got my own decent scale, and when I know I am getting big orders of cast bullets or heavy things I try to make sure to be there, so the girls don't have to lift the boxes. Small town life.

User Tag List