Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruh, Roh, Raggy... missing ballots for Trump

Site Supporter
    Found more (a large pile...several hundred maybe) in California landfill bin.
    And more found dumped in a ditch in Wisconsin.

There is no credible reason to support mail in balloting. None.

Edit...this is the electoral equivalent to carrying striker fired, appendix, in Uncle Mike's velcro canvas holster.
    Last edited by fixer; 09-25-2020 at 09:50 AM.

I didn't see that before. Looks like I haven't been paying attention in class.

So now we have a stand off. Nobody's going to concede and we go to a SC decision like Bush and Gore. But what then, banana republic?
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-25-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have a feeling that before the 2016 election mail in wasn't a problem. Nobody cared enough to loose ballots but 2020 may be different. Maybe there's going to be a lot of lost ballots because there are more of them.

Just because someone finds mail in a ditch with ballots doesn't mean it's voter fraud. If the ballots are unopened nobody knows the distribution of those votes.

Once again the media is blowing this up into a crisis that doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-25-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    I don’t think voting by mail should be a thing. Absentee ballots are another thing. We really need voter IDs.
    When I ran for office in PA I was given a list of registered voters that listed parties. I needed signatures to get on the Primary ballot. Only Republicans and democrats can sign. No independents. I had to keep the signatures separate; a sheet of all dems, a sheet of all Republicans. Before I knocked on the door I would put the listed party sheet on top of my clipboard.
    I never had a registered Democrat mistakenly listed as a Republican. I had easily over 100 republicans listed as democrats. I don’t think I talked to more than 1000 people. Every person that said they registered as a Republican but were listed as a Democrat had registered through their drivers license. A mistake? I don’t think so; too many errors. I suspect they were entered by hand and the people entering practiced a little private social justice.
    “A Republican? What? Why? Well you are a Democrat now!!”

That is in a district with less than 3000 voters. Imagine the numbers across the state
    Last edited by Poconnor; 09-25-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Want another reason to distrust mail-in voting? I’ll give you my current (as in yesterday/today) experience.

Recently I renewed my vehicle registration online. After waiting for quite some time for the paperwork to be mailed to me, I decided to call the tag office. They finally got in touch with me yesterday. According to them, the local post office marked most of the registrations as undeliverable. Why is anyone’s guess but almost all of the registrations had the correct address on them. So they apologized for that and told me to come in today and grab it.

When I went in to the tag office to retrieve my registration, the lady at the desk nodded and pointed to several mail-crates FULL of the undelivered registrations. I only saw A through D last names. Then the woman leaned in close and whispered to me that the other day she dealt with a woman who the post office claimed her registration could not be delivered to because she was supposedly deceased.

So yeah, screw mail-in votes.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have a feeling that before the 2016 election mail in wasn't a problem. Nobody cared enough to loose ballots but 2020 may be different. Maybe there's going to be a lot of lost ballots because there are more of them.

Just because someone finds mail in a ditch with ballots doesn't mean it's voter fraud. If the ballots are unopened nobody knows the distribution of those votes.

Once again the media is blowing this up into crisis that doesn't exist.
    IIRC there was some flap recently about some mail-in ballots having nomenclature or a bar code on the outside of the ballot envelope that ID'd if the voter was a registered D or R. I can't find the story with a quick Google, despite having found it to share it a few weeks ago the same way. What's unsettling is that's not the first time in the past few months that something I found easily with Google some time before was suddenly impossible to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

Once again the media is blowing this up into a crisis that doesn't exist.
    I am sure you remember the ballots that were "lost" and then found in 2004 for the Rossi/Gregoire election.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    IIRC there was some flap recently about some mail-in ballots having nomenclature or a bar code on the outside of the ballot envelope that ID'd if the voter was a registered D or R. I can't find the story with a quick Google, despite having found it to share it a few weeks ago the same way. What's unsettling is that's not the first time in the past few months that something I found easily with Google some time before was suddenly impossible to find.
    Possible I guess. I don't know what other states do.

I just looked up my registration on line using my name and birth date. There is no requirement to identify a party when you register in WA. There is nothing on our ballot envelope that would indicate how you might be voting. A theft of ballots wouldn't mean much here. They would have to be opened before counted which voids the ballot.

No doubt some states are going to screw this up because they aren't prepared for mass mail in voting. That doesn't mean that mail in doesn't work though, because it works just fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I am sure you remember the ballots that were "lost" and then found in 2004 for the Rossi/Gregoire election.
    I remember it. The same thing will go down in this election. Unless there's some evidence of fraud the loser will be SOL.

I've always thought a profitable enterprise would be to own an Irish-themed bar in Georgetown (political yuppy area of Washington DC) called "The Hanging Chad".

/tangent
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List