Thread: Week 391: 10-20-30

Week 391: 10-20-30

Week 391: 10-20-30

Results may be posted until October 25th, 2020.

Designed by: Gabe White, inspired by nwhpfan
    Range: 20 yards
    Target: USPSA Metric or IDPA
    Start Position: Facing downrange, hands hanging naturally
    Rounds Fired: 30 or more

This will be a simple drill to practice drawing and firing multiple accurate rounds at a reasonably hard target.

Set up your target at 20 yards. First determine your par time by reacting to the start signal and drawing and firing three shots to the lower A/-0 zone. If you don't get all three in the lower A/-0 zone, repeat until you do. Round your time down to the nearest half second under your actual time, and use that as your par time. Examples: If you got all three hits in 4.94 seconds, then your par will be 4.5 seconds. If you got all three hits in 3.1 seconds, then your par will be 3.0 seconds.

Repeat nine times, for a total of ten attempts/30 total scored shots (including the initial repetition at the beginning where you shot three A/-0 hits to establish your par time.) Your score is the number of A/-0 zone hits obtained under the par time. You have three points for free, in effect, from establishing your par time at the beginning, and 27 more potential points, for a total possible score of 30.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used: gun, holster, concealment (optional)
    Par time
    Total number of A/-0 zone hits under the par time
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

5" m&p 2.0 performance center with crimson trace dot from factory
    concealed under a zip up sweater and t shirt
    dark star gear orion

Par time - 2.50

Hits under par - 15

This was rough for me. My initial run was mid 3.2x but with a mike so my next run I ran a clean 2.96 making the par 2.5 which is well outside my comfort zone. I only made the par 3 times. Draws were in the 1.6 range but I was not controlling recoil well despite the ported barrel. The dot was moving diagonally, which i'm sure is some odd input from my grip and I had a hard time with anticipation and snatching the trigger while the dot was coming back onto target.

I was running a buddies recently acquired pc m2.0 with ported barrel, which was nice. The dot didn't leave the window but it was weird working with the pc trigger as opposed to my slightly heavier stock trigger.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Ruger lcrx 3" .22
    Under a zip up sweater and tshirt
    Dark Star Gear Apollo

Par - 4.0 seconds

Hits under par - 16

Also rough like the last run but at a much more controlled pace with a harder to shoot gun - lcr and irons as opposed to m&p w/dot and pc trigger. The draw was my biggest hurdle as far as time goes. I made the par 6 times and the times that I didn't make the par were due to light strikes and rimfire ammo then having to hit the trigger 8 more times to get back for a second strike. All rounds went off the second hit.

It had been awhile since I ran this trigger control tool. I shoot it like shit but it's fun and it was a wheel gun day for the most part today and I still enjoyed it immensely. I just don't run it at (relative) speed well.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

PX4CC, Wing Claw 2.5, polo shirt.

Attempts to get the initial baseline didn’t bode well. I have a really hard time with unmarked cardboard. Achieved a 7.92 on the 4th try.

Par time 7.5 for the rest of the strings. One OT shot, only 11 hits on time. Most strings just under 7 seconds.

Evidence of my problems with cardboard is below. I don’t think it’s a zero problem, because I had a much easier time hitting B-8s at the same distance a few minutes earlier.

Name:  0BA32FAF-FA4D-4A16-B495-7FD685A0780C.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  33.4 KB

User Tag List