Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions of the XDE-45 3.3?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I had one for review but it wouldn’t reliably function through a box of ammo
    I mean, you coulda just said that. I think that’s the kind of insight he was after.

I shot a box through an XDe 9mm. No reliability issues. Though I can’t say it felt or shot particularly great for me. As a DA/SA fan, I was excited when they announced it (P239 was/still is my go-to single stack). But the ergos just didn’t suit me. Didn’t like the 9mm XDS either—just shot terribly for me.

But I did shoot a .45 XDS... and for whatever reason, it was a tack driver in my hands (which, admittedly, were in pain after a few mags—but the thing was accurate). I thought about trying a .45 XDe based on my experience with the XDs. The many merits of 9mm notwithstanding... I’ll take .45 every time, if the bullet goes where the F I want it to.

And I never had any reliability issues in the limited experience I had with XD single stacks. The Croatian military (and others) use XDs (HS2000).
    Last edited by MattyD380; 09-24-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    PF is better than this, especially from a long time and established member. The OP's idea of a serious gun is not mine, but he doesn't have to be treated like a punk. You really don't know what he was asking for because your initial response set a terrible tone.

What is sad is that you have knowledge to offer but seem to have difficulty in conveying it.

It's not a sensitivity thing, it's being a decent person thing. You are more than capable acting appropriately and being the decent person you have showed yourself to be in the past.

Love to hear all the long term experience with XD's.

What LE or .gov agencies are rocking the XD?

About the only shit left in the cases at LGS are XD's

At some point we need to get beyond feelings and deal with reality.

How many forums can one ask the same question on?

I wish people were required to show proficiency with a search function before being able to post.

As he has boasted in the past, this is the style that gets Caleb a bunch traffic on YT.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Love to hear all the long term experience with XD's.
    I have had about 5-6 of them, shot them plenty, they were all fine. The 5" XD-45 I sent to Springer was really nice, the friend that sent his out when I did still shoots it as his primary and he shoots plenty and it performs well.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I’m sorry that my actual experience is contrary to your fucking feelings.
    You aren't sorry for anything. Your actual experience doesn't mean sh1t or shinola to me or anyone else unless you share it. Had my fill of people like you breaking into the trades many decades ago. Your type seems to think that the knowledge you may or may not have is somehow special and needs to be asked for in just the right way, that strokes your ego, or all you'll offer up is BS and attitude.
    Face it, you're a dick. That's been validated. By you. I wasn't looking for validation of that either, but thanks for providing us with the experience that is you, and showing us your worst side.

Everyone else, thanks for your input. I did search this forum for the XDE in .45 but found little. Same goes with the internet. I've bought and sold many guns over the past 40 years and researched all of them as best as I have been able, before and after a purchase. It's been no different with this one. As I said, the XDE will have one primary use and I know enough about them to think that it will serve that purpose well.

Bottom line is that there are just not a lot to choose from in small, hammer fired, DA/SA guns out there these days in large calibers, which is what I'm after, this time around. I'll report back on my impressions after I get it to the range.

Deleted, I realize I don't want to get into this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    PF is better than this... (snip)
    Quoted for truth.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Sig P245 I kept for 1 shooting session

Quote Originally Posted by all42a View Post
    Curious to know others' experiences. Should be picking mine up this week. Mostly good reviews on youtube but not very many in all, for the .45.

Attachment 60865
    Decades ago I bought a Sig P245 because it was a small 45acp pistol. It came with a 6-round capacity magazine. My first and only outing with it was an eye opener. First, there wasn't much to hold onto with such a short grip. The pistol squirmed in my hand enough where I had to reposition my hand after every shot. Secondly, the pistol seemed a bit top heavy. The frame was aluminum and the slide steel, so there's that dynamic. Thirdly, due to point one and two, follow-up shots were not fast. I could have kept the pistol and practiced, but deep down the Sig just wasn't what I expected.

So, shoot your new pistol. See if you are satisfied with the performance based on your ability to shoot it. With my Sig I got rid of it after my first range time. Just thought it was too much time and money to invest in learning to shoot it well. I ended up trading for a Glock 21 gen 3 with a holster and extra ammo. Still have that pistol.

In the end, if the pistol isn't for you and you decide to trade/sell it, no biggie. You've learned from that experience and with that knowledge maybe the next purchase will better for you.

Site Supporter
    I like PistolForum because it intelligently, honestly addresses "handgunnery" as a whole, as opposed to just one particular brand/type of gun.

Or at least it's supposed to.

Lately, I've noticed more of "tacit" brand bias creeping into PF threads. No one comes out and says it, but it's like... "Didn't you get the memo? If you're not running Glocks, 92s, PX4s or P30s, you're just a poser."

I know not everyone thinks that way. But I've definitely picked up on that vibe, lately. And I'll say this: arbitrarily rebuking non-mainstream guns based on hearsay/cursory experience is no more helpful than saying every new gun is "the next totally awesome G19 killer!" Glocks, Berettas and Sigs were all "unproven" at one time. In fact, you don't have to look too hard for PX4 hate on this forum, a few years back. My, how things change...

Personally, I don't like Glocks. They don't shoot well for me and I think they need safeties... YMMV. In fact, Glocks don't shoot well for a lot of people. I love 92s and PX4s, but they're too fat for me. Sigs are... well, who knows. So, I'm always up for a conversation about alternatives. And if you have evidence/experience that something isn't up to snuff... do tell. But scathing, knee-jerk condemnations of given pistols/preferences misrepresents the purpose and spirit of PF, in my opinion.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 09-25-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by all42a View Post
    YYour actual experience doesn't mean sh1t or shinola to me or anyone else unless you share it.
    I did share it. "I had one for review that wouldn't feed through a box of ammo so I yeeted it into the sun." I guess I figured you were smart enough to realize that I didn't actually launch a pistol into the sun. I guessed wrong.

I also have completely forgotten my first rule: I can't reason someone out of a position that they arrived at unreasonably, and I'm wasting my fucking time here. I hope you're genuinely happy with your purchase and I have no doubt that it will absolutely perform to the limit of your capabilities.

User Tag List