Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions of the XDE-45 3.3?

Impressions of the XDE-45 3.3?

Curious to know others' experiences. Should be picking mine up this week. Mostly good reviews on youtube but not very many in all, for the .45.

Name:  left1.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  55.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by all42a View Post
    Curious to know others' experiences. Should be picking mine up this week. Mostly good reviews on youtube but not very many in all, for the .45
    If you'd bought it in 9mm from Langdon Tactical you would have bought the only "XD" line gun worth buying. As it is you got a gun with a crappy DA trigger, a marginal SA trigger, in a caliber that doesn't make any sense from guns that size. Congratulations, you bought the wrong gun.

If you were coming here hoping to have your purchase validated, you're in the wrong place, friend.

Site Supporter
    Curious to know others' experiences. Should be picking mine up this week. Mostly good reviews on youtube but not very many in all, for the .45.

Name:  left1.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  55.2 KB
    I’ll be interested to hear how it goes for you. One thing you might do is contact Langdon Tactical to see if they can make the same improvements they do for the 9mm for the .45.

I disagree that there are no real options in the XD line. It’s not the best, but they work for a lot of people.

The XDS Mod 2 I had was good enough, but I hated the ambi mag release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

I disagree that there are no real options in the XD line. It’s not the best, but they work for a lot of people.
    Define "work." The only people shooting them at a high level in competition shooting are getting paid to and have factory support. Meanwhile, reputable instructors see them eat dicks all the time in classes. If by "work" you mean "will probably last 500 rounds" sure. But 500 rounds is an afternoon practice session for people here.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    If you'd bought it in 9mm from Langdon Tactical you would have bought the only "XD" line gun worth buying. As it is you got a gun with a crappy DA trigger, a marginal SA trigger, in a caliber that doesn't make any sense from guns that size. Congratulations, you bought the wrong gun.

If you were coming here hoping to have your purchase validated, you're in the wrong place, friend.
    Define "work." The only people shooting them at a high level in competition shooting are getting paid to and have factory support. Meanwhile, reputable instructors see them eat dicks all the time in classes. If by "work" you mean "will probably last 500 rounds" sure. But 500 rounds is an afternoon practice session for people here.
    I'd say I've encountered my first dick on this forum. Or at least someone who thinks he knows what is the "right gun" for everyone that shoots, has obviously shot every gun out there worth shooting, and can speak from a vast amount of experience. Congrats, you win the prize for dickhead of the day. Reply tomorrow and you can make it two days in a row.

I don't need your validation, or anyone else's. Not the reason I asked. I've been carrying for nearly 40 years, shooting longer than that, and know what to look for in order to validate my choices myself. Nonetheless others' experiences are always welcome. Call me curious. You have experience with this gun do you, friend?

Site Supporter
    It will do what most people require if it. Which isn’t much.

Some of their newer models seem to be improved but I have no real idea of how durable they are. Langdon has praise for the XDE, which is not a insignificant point.

In 2008 I was issued an XDM .40. It was junk, but I had a P226, 2x G42s that were junk as well. The XD series would not be my first recommendation to someone. Hopefully the XDE is a different story.

I’m well aware of the round counts people go through here.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Let's take the temperature of this conversation down a notch or two.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Let's take the temperature of this conversation down a notch or two.
    Understood.

Congrats on your purchase, I hope it performs well. I've had a few XD's and I liked them, but I've never tried the XDE line. As mentioned upthread, Ernest Langdon has endorsed the XDE 9mm, and that says a lot.

As you've noticed, a small number of folks here can be a little... curt. Fortunately most of the forum members are genuinely helpful and friendly. But you may not get many responses because 9mm seems to be the caliber of choice around here, and in polymer guns, people lean towards Glock, HK, S&W, and CZ.

Let us know how your gun runs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Understood.
    That comment was not specific to you, in case it wasn't clear. Just a friendly global reminder that snark and attitude usually diminishes the persuasiveness of one's argument.

User Tag List