Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mother-In-Law gun

Site Supporter
    Suggest she read corneredcat.com

Hammertime
    I am annoyed at the gun shop that sold her that piece. Sounds like you will have fun walking this adventurous road with her.

Personally this sort of situation is why I wish the 92D were still sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    But I’m going to load her up a few boxes of 105 grain moly-coated lead over a light load of bullseye or clays or trail boss, and hope she doesn’t shoot it once and never touch it again.
    I loaded some 125g CLB over tiny charges of Clays and they will do exactly what you want. She also sounds like the kind of person that will want to persevere with the choice she made, so getting her some training loads is probably the right approach.

ETA: Isn't the 38 Short Colt supposed to be good for this?
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/38-short-colt-brass

It’s been decades, and she’s fine. We have a good relationship. A few months ago, she talked to me about getting her first pocketknife. It’s not like we don’t talk about things.

I appreciate everyone’s comments. The whole thing was a surprise to me, because she’s never talked about owning a pistol before, though she has shot some of mine over the years.

She will be getting a care package.

Personally, I’m just wondering what my FIL thinks about it!
    Yes, I have several friends who have floored me with their sudden desire to obtain a firearm. Never interested before, now that law enforcement isn't so sure they want to enforce the law many people are taking steps to be their own executive protection. Things really aren't so bad here, we have a good sheriff's office.

Site Supporter
    The underwear draws of America will sag with the weight of the new guns. Given what we know, do we expect an increase in training beyond the standard levels.

I wonder for the trainers here - were the spikes in training demand after each panic which then subsides or was there a leveling at a new plateau till the next end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The underwear draws of America will sag with the weight of the new guns. Given what we know, do we expect an increase in training beyond the standard levels.

I wonder for the trainers here - were the spikes in training demand after each panic which then subsides or was there a leveling at a new plateau till the next end of the world?
    I believe it was Tatiana on Civilian Carry Radio that said they were seeing a lot of first time owners taking classes, then a high percentage opting in for follow up classes as well. Taking one class probably puts them ahead of the majority of gun owners already, and she mentioned previously 2% of intro gun class attendees would normally get additional training and that has gone up dramatically - wish I knew what the percentage was.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It’s a scandium J-frame. She’s a little nervous, worried about the recoil, but said “I thought about asking you about it first, but I just talked to the salesman instead.”
    <smacks head against table>
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    <smacks head against table>
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought, "He'll never get away with it now!" A few lines into your post, I realized that Mother in Law gun didn't mean the same thing that bear gun or deer gun mean.
    I thought his MIL was purchasing a gun and he had to move.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-23-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Give her a stock for Christmas. You could probably cobble this one together from materials at Home Depot... 😆

Name:  AB233288-D2A2-4D45-BA13-60CA69192AB5.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  21.8 KB

User Tag List