Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Smith M67 opinions

Site Supporter
    I can’t figure out why Smith & Wesson keeps 3” K-frames from us like they are Gen Jack D. Ripper withholding his precious bodily fluids.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Sorry young fellow but it isn't. Because of arthritis in my hands, wrists, elbows, and shoulders plus the onset of age and the attendant weakness it can create, I can no longer wrack the slides of my G36 or G30S with confidence. I can manage the G21 but it is a bit much to carry concealed.

However, I can shoot all of my DA revolvers and the only way I shoot them is DAO. Haven't cocked the hammer on one in more years than I can remember. Do not assume your circumstances, or the circumstances of the tough guy in the video, apply to everyone. They don't.

Dave
    Your circumstances are not universal either. It depends on what the issue is. I've gotten people who lack the hand strength to pull the trigger multiple times on a DA revolver to successfully rack the slide on 9mm and .380 autos using the hold and push technique. It can be accomplished without active use of the thumb if necessary. A compact .45 is not an optimal choice for someone with compromised grip. Someone who has issues with a G30 or G36 may well be able to manipulate a medium to full sized 9mm or .380.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Which grips are those?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Which grips are those?
    Pachmayr Compacs (closed back - Compac Pros have an open back)

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Pachmayr Compacs (closed back - Compac Pros have an open back)

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Thanks. I've only ever seen the J-frame standard Compacs, so I thought they all had that little pinky shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Thanks. I've only ever seen the J-frame standard Compacs, so I thought they all had that little pinky shelf.
    The compac pros are great on .38s but I find them uncomfortable on magnums

User Tag List