Thread: Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag...

Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag...

I have a very nice Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag w/6 inch barrel. I’m not to familiar with Dan Wesson or revolvers in general and need to know the approximate value as my son is entering college and needs a high-end laptop that I have to raise money for.

My preliminary research indicates it’s date of manufacture around 1986 and I have heard its value anywhere from 600-1200 bux.

If anyone could help narrow this gap in prices, it would be a big help and greatly appreciated; I just don’t wanna get ripped off as I go about the process of selling.

Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon Dog View Post
    I have a very nice Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag w/6 inch barrel. I’m not to familiar with Dan Wesson or revolvers in general and need to know the approximate value as my son is entering college and needs a high-end laptop that I have to raise money for.

My preliminary research indicates it’s date of manufacture around 1986 and I have heard its value anywhere from 600-1200 bux.

If anyone could help narrow this gap in prices, it would be a big help and greatly appreciated; I just don’t wanna get ripped off as I go about the process of selling.

Thanks in advance.
    Last time I saw one of those for sale, several years ago, it was over $1000. I would be surprised if it only sold for $600 these days, though the cartridge could be a limiting factor as it's pretty much a reloader-only proposition. The 6" barrel is a bit short for that cartridge too. If I were buying one, I would be looking for an 8" barrel.

You might talk to the folks over at singleactions.com. They're probably more tuned into the market for that gun.

Chris

They’re pretty desirable to a certain group of collectors. My dad had one a couple years ago (8” barrel). He got an offer for $2100 and promptly sold it. I think his had an extra barrel and cylinder inserts for .22 Hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Last time I saw one of those for sale, several years ago, it was over $1000. I would be surprised if it only sold for $600 these days, though the cartridge could be a limiting factor as it's pretty much a reloader-only proposition. The 6" barrel is a bit short for that cartridge too. If I were buying one, I would be looking for an 8" barrel.

You might talk to the folks over at singleactions.com. They're probably more tuned into the market for that gun.

Chris
    I maybe wrong .. but you can fire 44 Mag and 44 spl in the 445 Super mag

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    I maybe wrong .. but you can fire 44 Mag and 44 spl in the 445 Super mag
    I think you can, but people don't buy guns like that to shoot low powered ammo.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I think you can, but people don't buy guns like that to shoot low powered ammo.

Chris
    Name:  2E308FD2-78D4-483C-B4C1-5B7E71ACDC01.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  18.0 KB

Looks like a 350 Winchester on steroids.. compared to a 44mag

I see only one example for sale on GB. It’s at $1730.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880367227

User Tag List