Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Smith M67 opinions

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I may be the only person since they were built that noticed.
    Some days, that feels like my biography.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    It's amazing how much one letter in an acronym can change things.
    Do you mean S&W?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The 65 I bought a few years back had a clocked barrel.
    Did you get it straightened out? Did it shoot close to point of aim?

Ages ago I had a Colt Trooper Mark-whatever 6 inch. It wouldnt zero, it was too far off windage-wise. I then realized the barrel wasnt indexed center. Took it to the friendly local gunsmith, he said "I dont know how far to turn it to get it to zero" I told him to just put it in the middle and id shoot it and and see how it was doing. He did, I set the rear sight center, shot a few rounds at 100 yards just to see where the windage was, it was right the heck on. Once in while they look off but shoot straight. No guarantees on any of this.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Do you mean S&W?
    I quoted OP and said EDM, who also said EDM not ECM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The 65 I bought a few years back had a clocked barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Did you get it straightened out? Did it shoot close to point of aim?

Ages ago I had a Colt Trooper Mark-whatever 6 inch. It wouldn't zero, it was too far off windage-wise. I then realized the barrel wasnt indexed center. Took it to the friendly local gunsmith, he said "I dont know how far to turn it to get it to zero" I told him to just put it in the middle and id shoot it and and see how it was doing. He did, I set the rear sight center, shot a few rounds at 100 yards just to see where the windage was, it was right the heck on. Once in while they look off but shoot straight. No guarantees on any of this.
    I did get it straightened out. It was maybe a touch off at 15 yards, not enough for me to worry about.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I did get it straightened out. It was maybe a touch off at 15 yards, not enough for me to worry about.
    Still feel bad about that, btw. Haven't bought a gun from j&g since. ...of course, I don't live an hour away any more so the point may as well be moot.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Still feel bad about that, btw. Haven't bought a gun from j&g since. ...of course, I don't live an hour away any more so the point may as well be moot.
    No reason for you to feel bad about it, truly. It worked out OK for me. I carried it routinely until I lucked into an estate deal on another 65 with a bobbed hammer. So I've got "the heir and the spare."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I quoted OP and said EDM, who also said EDM not ECM.
    Maybe my joke was a little too subtle.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Maybe my joke was a little too subtle.
    After the week I've had with gunbroker I don't think I'm capable of registering subtlety right now.

S&W wasn't perfect in the 1970s and 1980s. I had an M19 which hammer spur broke off during dry fire, an M66 with really badly fit side plate, and an M34 .22 that flat would not eject empties without a pine 2x4 to hammer the ejector rod. Still, they all went "bang," but I could make them all shoot to the sights. Sold them all. I don't think I have the energy to do troubleshooting for S&W again, but I may look into an old M15.

User Tag List