Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the current thoughts on Tango Down Vickers Glock accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by krax View Post
    I usually like the Tango Down/Vickers parts, but the trigger for the Gen 5 made my 34 worse.
    What happened? It shouldn’t have changed the pull or break.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I run TD/Vickers magazine releases on all my Glocks - best money I've ever spent on a Glock, IMHO. I'm one of those folks who have no problems operating the factory slide releases, so no experience there. I haven't used TD flat faced triggers yet, but I have FF triggers on several Glocks and find them to be generally an all-around improvement.
    This is me. Mag Releases are good to go for me. I bought a G43 mag extension, but shortly after I got it installed, I moved and now it's buried in a box somewhere so I've never vetted it.

The quality of TangoDown / Vickers components are good, so I wouldn't worry about that. I see this as more of a question of individual aesthetics and ergonomics. In my case, I like the Vickers mag release just fine, though I'm also happy with a stock length OEM one and filing the sharp edges off. I have a fairly aggressive thumbs forward grip, and as such, the Vickers slide release lever doesn't work for me and leads to premature lockbacks. For plenty of others, it's a performance improvement. YMMV.

There's a few Vickers parts I'm not too thrilled about. There's the slide racker backplate for the G42, which I consider kind of counter-productive due to holster fitment and a slight decrease in concealability. Also, I'm not a big fan of any of their base plates or mag extensions, but mainly for personal ergonomic reasons. I've just never had an issue with removing Glock mags, so I don't see the need of it for me. The mag extensions I'm not too fond of as they seem to flex and slide back and forth a bit too much for my comfort.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I’ve used TD mag releases and slide stops for years. All of my Glocks have them, both Gens 4 and 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  CDE50692-4EC6-4ED6-831F-C2CBB5A08550.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  106.9 KB

I decided to take a chance on the flat trigger and ordered two - one for a slimline, and one for a Gen5. The slimline one showed up yesterday, and installing it on a spare trigger bar I had was quick work. I popped it into my 48 to be a test mule.

Initial impressions are very good. I had a modified trigger bar in the 48 since new (an OEM smooth shoe replacing the grooved) and the ergonomics of the flat trigger are slightly improved over that. I need to do live fire to be sure, but I think this may be a winner for me. I’m not finding finger placement to be critical at all, that was a concern with some of what I read (on M4C, maybe?)

The Gen5 version will go into my 19.5 MOS. The slimline one may get reproduced in the new 43x MOS when it gets here, and maybe even my 43.

I also ordered a 43x/48 slide stop, I’ll probably put that in the 48 to try out. A new mag release for the 43x is on the way, too - I already know I like those from my 48 experience.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

The Gen5 trigger showed up today and dropped right in, it’s insensitive to finger placement for me. Curious to see how it works on the range.
    Ken

I’ve used TangoDown parts on my Glocks for many years; several wear the extended mag release, a couple have extended slide stops, and there’s a bunch of magazines floating around with FDE and black base plates. When I got my 43x the first 2 things I changed out were the sights and slide stop; went with Ameriglo and a TangoDown Vickers extended slide stop. The OEM slide stop was terrible on my 43x. Happy with all my TD/Vickers stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What happened? It shouldn’t have changed the pull or break.
    Sorry, been away for a bit.

It was a long time ago, but I recall it feeling like a stiffer pull. It shouldn't have, but I remember being immediately disappointed and ordered an Overwatch trigger on the spot.

Oddly enough I'm a little disappointed by my latest slide stops. My 19.4 has more rounds through it than any other gun I own and its had the Vickers slide stop the entire time and I've always been pleased with it. I've had one in my G45 for over a year now but that gun doesn't have an optic so I've only shot 584 rounds through it in that time. In the past few weeks I got both a G44 and 19.5 MOS and just got around to upgrading them with the Vickers parts. After doing so, I noticed that all three of my Gen 5 slide stops are lacking the aggressive angle on my Gen 4, which is what really makes it great. They're improved over stock, but just barely. I haven't noticed problem with my G45 but again, I've barely shot it so I'll be sending an email to TD. Luckily they're not much money, but I just feel like my Gen 4 version is a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Oddly enough I'm a little disappointed by my latest slide stops. My 19.4 has more rounds through it than any other gun I own and its had the Vickers slide stop the entire time and I've always been pleased with it. I've had one in my G45 for over a year now but that gun doesn't have an optic so I've only shot 584 rounds through it in that time. In the past few weeks I got both a G44 and 19.5 MOS and just got around to upgrading them with the Vickers parts. After doing so, I noticed that all three of my Gen 5 slide stops are lacking the aggressive angle on my Gen 4, which is what really makes it great. They're improved over stock, but just barely. I haven't noticed problem with my G45 but again, I've barely shot it so I'll be sending an email to TD. Luckily they're not much money, but I just feel like my Gen 4 version is a bit better.
    I agree. I installed them on all my Gen 5 guns because they are a slight upgrade over stock, but the Gen 3/4 variants were significantly better overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List