Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the current thoughts on Tango Down Vickers Glock accessories?

What are the current thoughts on Tango Down Vickers Glock accessories?

I generally stick with Glock OEM parts with a few exceptions - sights, SCDs, and Geeplates on subcompacts. With my 43 and 48 I tried two more - Tango Down Vickers magazine releases since I don’t care for the sharp front edge on the stock design, and Double Diamond extended slide stops to increase thumb leverage to compensate for an old hand injury. (I use OEM extended slide stops on my double stack Glocks for the same reason; I usually slingshot but want the ability to thumb the release without difficulty.) These two parts have proven to be trouble-free on both my 43 and 48.

One thing I always do is swap out grooved triggers for smooth. In the case of the slimlines I replace the grooved shoe with a smooth one scavenged from another OEM trigger bar.

I have a new 43X MOS coming, and I’m tempted to try a few Vickers parts. I found I had one of his slide stops for a 43 lying around, and was a little surprised that I was able to manipulate it on my 43 as well as I could the Double Diamond. Also, his replacement flat faced trigger is intriguing me - I always end up recontouring and smoothing the stock safety blade for comfort.

What are the current thoughts on Vickers Glock parts - good or bad? I’ve seen posts both pro and con in the archives, especially for the slide stops - but the problems were with the older style, not the coil spring models used on the 43, 43X, 48 and Gen5s.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I’ve been putting the flat faced triggers on my Glocks. Fit and function is good. I like that I can just replace the shoe and everything else is still stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the TD/Vickers parts, and have both the slide stops and mag releases on my personal 19s. It's a Glock, so it's easy enough to try and swap out and see what you think.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I like the TD/Vickers parts, and have both the slide stops and mag releases on my personal 19s. It's a Glock, so it's easy enough to try and swap out and see what you think.
    I’m more thinking about saving money if certain parts are known to be a problem. My motto is “only make new mistakes.”
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

There have been some TD parts used on GLOCK pistols, and I have used mag base plates (chipped one or two-immediately replaced by TD), a mag catch on a GEN5 26 with no issues over two years and their extended slide cover plates with red dot pistols-no problems.
    Tango Down lists a separate slide stop for the 43X/48, and it’s a different part from GLOCK, so I would not use the 43 slide stop lever.
    We’ve had one instructor run a trigger for awhile with no reported problems.
    It seems TD is a good company and gets stuff right...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    There have been some TD parts used on GLOCK pistols, and I have used mag base plates (chipped one or two-immediately replaced by TD), a mag catch on a GEN5 26 with no issues over two years and their extended slide cover plates with red dot pistols-no problems.
    Tango Down lists a separate slide stop for the 43X/48, and it’s a different part from GLOCK, so I would not use the 43 slide stop lever.
    We’ve had one instructor run a trigger for awhile with no reported problems.
    It seems TD is a good company and gets stuff right...
    Thanks - I put the 43 slide stop I found into my 43 and like it subject to shooting tests. I’m thinking it would be worth trying the 43x/48 version for the new 43x.

I’m hoping more people who use the flat trigger chime in, @Whirlwind06’s and your instructor’s experience is heartening. I suppose there’s only a small financial risk to try one since I will be removing the grooved shoe from the factory trigger bar anyways.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    TD stuff is GTG based on my use on G17/19/21/34/35 pistols. I have extensive direct/vicarious experience with the slide stops and base plates.

OP says "...since I don’t care for the sharp front edge on the stock design."

Given the price difference between the TD unit at 15-20 and the OEM at 4-7, I might be tempted to simply emory board/sandpaper down an OEM one until it was less sharp to my liking.
    You would save the money and gain the experience on stripping down the pistol. I have done this one all of my Gen1-3 guns using the OEM Extended Unit as my starting point.

FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I found I had one of his slide stops for a 43 lying around, and was a little surprised that I was able to manipulate it on my 43 as well as I could the Double Diamond.
    Ken - You may know this but: I was overdosing on Glock 48 videos recently and one caught my eye - the gentleman had installed a G43 slide stop in his G48 and experienced significant issues. He had posted a video after he put the OEM part back, basically apologizing for stirring up a ruckus about his "issues" with the G48. I'll see if I can find it again.

EDIT: Here it is:

As to the thread, I don't have any experience with TD parts. I did like the Overwatch flat trigger I put in my G19 and G43X, but in the end on both guns I reverted back to OEM on both (smooth on the G19, serrated on the G43X before I sold it.) With that experience, I feel that the smaller dingus that Overwatch uses would be less preferable to the larger one that Apex puts in their triggers (again, maybe you have experience with both these flat triggers.) Hope that helps somewhat.

PS I did file a teeny bit off the trigger safety on my new G48 ever so slightly, as per what @vcdgrips said, just to take the sharp edge off. It helped a lot.

I usually like the Tango Down/Vickers parts, but the trigger for the Gen 5 made my 34 worse.

I run TD/Vickers magazine releases on all my Glocks - best money I've ever spent on a Glock, IMHO. I'm one of those folks who have no problems operating the factory slide releases, so no experience there. I haven't used TD flat faced triggers yet, but I have FF triggers on several Glocks and find them to be generally an all-around improvement.

User Tag List