Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical help?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    My factory nut is was a nylok style nut… one side has a nylon washer built into it as a locking device. It should thread onto the bolt metal side first.
    That’s sort of what I was remembering…. So wondering if it was being installed with the right orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That’s sort of what I was remembering…. So wondering if it was being installed with the right orientation.
    This is 2023. There is no wrong orientation anymore.

Ahem.

I have one of these, and the only way I was able to mount it was by buying a cheap thin wrench set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FB2XDXF
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I bought the same exact set of wrenches… but only metric!

Here’s a pic of my factory nylok nut. The gun was purchased in 2022 but I don’t know if they changed the hardware over the years.
    Name:  168EF416-D6DD-4AE5-B1A6-B9BD1CCFE22E.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  46.6 KB

One other tip I have BEFORE disassembly is to draw a hash mark on the front sight housing. When you install the new front post, just line up the mark to help simplify sight alignment. You still might have to adjust the sights after, but this will keep you in the right ballpark
    Name:  EB842D8F-BB3C-4DF4-ADE2-38D1C2425168.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  41.5 KB

And HeavyDuty, I just got your joke after I composed this reply!!!

Thanks y'all. I was wanting to see if this is a known issue and if so, shine some light on it. Just pisses me off I spent an hour and a half fiddlefucking around with what should have only been a 5 to 10 minute swap, even for someone with my nonexistent mechanical aptitude. I did primarily try with it oriented as Pnut says, but just to rule it out I tried it the other way too. When I go to thread it onto the original post, I can barely get it started and then will only make a couple turns before stopping and then becoming very resistant to more. So I've gone ahead and ordered a replacement nut from MGW. Then added a HK P30 mag to help justify paying more for shipping than the replacement nut cost. If the new nut won't thread onto them then I will see if BK can exchange me another sight. I did see in someone's review on the MGW page for the nut that they stated one of these nuts is only good for one or maybe 2 installs. I will update everyone as it goes, thank you for the tips and insights.

Just another tip with nylok nuts… they will thread easily UNTIL you reach the nylon section of the nut. Threading into the nylon section requires a little more torque. But that’s the purpose of them. The nylon portion acts as a thread locker, like Loctite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Just another tip with nylok nuts… they will thread easily UNTIL you reach the nylon section of the nut. Threading into the nylon section requires a little more torque. But that’s the purpose of them. The nylon portion acts as a thread locker, like Loctite.
    Thank you! That's the kind of thing I like to know before I start forcing things. So maybe it is working fine on the factory sight post but not the BK sight. Dang. If thats the case it is probably my BK sight and not the nut. We'll see what happens with the new nut.

To check the threads of both sights, you can put the sight posts side by side and nest the threads into each other. If they fit into each other, they are the same thread pitch.

User Tag List