Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical help?

Beretta 1301 Tactical help?

I picked up a new 1301 Tactical at the beginning of the year. I took it out to the range and noticed the entire front sight post was canted left. I contacted Beretta and sent it in. I received it back still canted.
    I sent it in a second time and received it back with a new barrel(front sight still slightly canted)
    I’m really sick of sending in my thousand dollar shotgun so I figured I would just deal with it and shoot it and enjoy it.
    Nope! Not going to happen. After running about 50 rounds through it, I noticed the front sight it just flopping around and loose.
    I have the correct wrench, So I attempted to tighten it back down. No luck. It just spins. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

There's a nut under the sight. Similar to regular bolts and nuts, you have to hold one in place while you screw the other in.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The front sight post itself has to be held in place while you tighten the nut on the underside. You have to be careful on how you tighten it so that when the nut is tight you don't end up with the sight canted to one side or the other. (Depending on how you tighten it down) I use a pair of needle-nosed pliars wrapped in electrical tape (to prevent marring the sight) to hold it in place while I tighten the nut on the bottom. Works pretty good.

It can be tricky and sometimes the factory doesn't always get it right. I'm surprised they sent you a new barrel over that.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The front sight post itself has to be held in place while you tighten the nut on the underside. You have to be careful on how you tighten it so that when the nut is tight you don't end up with the sight canted to one side or the other. (Depending on how you tighten it down) I use a pair of needle-nosed pliars wrapped in electrical tape (to prevent marring the sight) to hold it in place while I tighten the nut on the bottom. Works pretty good.

It can be tricky and sometimes the factory doesn't always get it right. I'm surprised they sent you a new barrel over that.

I will give it another try today.
    They sent me a new barrel because the whole post itself was canted.

Yeah.... tried everything. The nut just spins. I’m not happy. This shotgun has been nothing but problems. It’s been off for repair more than I’ve had it. I will send Beretta another email asking what I’m supposed to do. I have also had about 10 malfunctions in 50 rounds. I had none before getting the new barrel. It sucks because I really like the looks and feel of this shotgun. Very smooth shooter. Just a screwed up front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Yeah.... tried everything. The nut just spins. I’m not happy. This shotgun has been nothing but problems. It’s been off for repair more than I’ve had it. I will send Beretta another email asking what I’m supposed to do. I have also had about 10 malfunctions in 50 rounds. I had none before getting the new barrel. It sucks because I really like the looks and feel of this shotgun. Very smooth shooter. Just a screwed up front sight.
    I'll give you $10 for it.

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Mine was canted, and I used those German pliers every PF member in good standing bought a year or so back. Then for good measure, I put an Aimpoint micro on, and have never looked at the front sight post again.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I'll give you $10 for it.

The irony is he could easily sell it for a profit on Gunbroker, given current circumstances.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Mine was canted, and I used those German pliers every PF member in good standing bought a year or so back. Then for good measure, I put an Aimpoint micro on, and have never looked at the front sight post again.
    I have a Holosun 407 on mine. I still see the canted front sight.

I sure hope Beretta can make it right. It’s been sent back twice now. That’s absolutely ridiculous for a $1000 shotgun to have these issues. At this point I’m hoping for a replacement. Pretty sure this thing is cursed.
    Probably won’t happen, but I can hope.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    That really sucks.
    If the nut holding on the front sight is spinning, it sounds like it got stripped somehow.
    If you can get them to send you a new front sight post, including the nut, you may be able to get it on straight.
    I’ve found that this front sight:
    https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...uctCode=BNCFSW
    is easier to put on straight. Also easy to pick up quickly. It sits a little higher, but the ghost ring can be raised enough to make it work.

Hope you are able to work out what’s causing the malfunctions, too.

User Tag List