Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical help?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That really sucks.
    If the nut holding on the front sight is spinning, it sounds like it got stripped somehow.
    If you can get them to send you a new front sight post, including the nut, you may be able to get it on straight.
    I’ve found that this front sight:
    https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...uctCode=BNCFSW
    is easier to put on straight. Also easy to pick up quickly. It sits a little higher, but the ghost ring can be raised enough to make it work.

Hope you are able to work out what’s causing the malfunctions, too.
    Buy the Blitz front. Get a set of feeler gauges and find one or a combination that fits in the space between the front sight and the housing. Then tighten as needed. Your sight will be perfect. Honestly I am kinda amazed you sent the gun back for that. Plenty of us have straightened the front post. They put them on quick at the factory and the tolerance is a little wide. Simple 1 minute fix. If you are having other problems that’s different.

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    Buy the Blitz front. Get a set of feeler gauges and find one or a combination that fits in the space between the front sight and the housing. Then tighten as needed. Your sight will be perfect. Honestly I am kinda amazed you sent the gun back for that. Plenty of us have straightened the front post. They put them on quick at the factory and the tolerance is a little wide. Simple 1 minute fix. If you are having other problems that’s different.
    I sent it in because the whole post itself was canted. That’s why they replaced the barrel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I sent it in because the whole post itself was canted. That’s why they replaced the barrel.
    Sounds like you’re talking about the whole assembly on the front end of the barrel that the front sight with the dot mounts onto. Is that correct?

Sounds like you’re talking about the whole assembly on the front end of the barrel that the front sight with the dot mounts onto. Is that correct?
    Yes.
    The first time I sent it in they claimed they adjusted the barrel extension.

It’s boxed up and ready for UPS to pickup. I really hope they fix it or replace it. It’s really ridiculous to have to send a $1k shotgun in for repairs 3 TIMES.

That really sucks.
    If the nut holding on the front sight is spinning, it sounds like it got stripped somehow.
    If you can get them to send you a new front sight post, including the nut, you may be able to get it on straight.
    I’ve found that this front sight:
    https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...uctCode=BNCFSW
    is easier to put on straight. Also easy to pick up quickly. It sits a little higher, but the ghost ring can be raised enough to make it work.

Hope you are able to work out what’s causing the malfunctions, too.
    I got the Blitzkrieg sight a while back myself, and due to working out of state most of 2022 I'm just now trying to install it. I easily took off the old sight with the 5.5mm wrench, but no matter what I can't thread the nut onto the damn sight. I've even tried without doing it on the shotgun and it won't thread onto this piece of shit. Have you guys had similar problems? Do I need a replacement nut or does the Blitzkrieg sight just suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I got the Blitzkrieg sight a while back myself, and due to working out of state most of 2022 I'm just now trying to install it. I easily took off the old sight with the 5.5mm wrench, but no matter what I can't thread the nut onto the damn sight. I've even tried without doing it on the shotgun and it won't thread onto this piece of shit. Have you guys had similar problems? Do I need a replacement nut or does the Blitzkrieg sight just suck?
    Damn. I just ordered one of those front sights yesterday. I hope it’s a one-off issue on yours and not common the the product line.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

My Blitzkrieg sight dropped in fine with the factory nut. I did need to buy a low profile wrench to tighten the nut. I did have a hell of a time starting the nut because there is no room to move around in there unless you have baby fingers.

I ended up placing a piece of masking tape over one side of the wrench to hold and support the nut. I also placed a magnet on the wrench to hold the nut just in case. I’ve dropped and lost too many small part over the years.

I only wish Blitzkrieg provided the ny-lock nut like the factory nut. I have a Benelli M1 that I want to throw a Blitzkrieg on but the Benelli’s front sight is secured with a regular nut and star washer… 2 more tiny things to monkey around with in a tiny space!!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I wish I could tell you what’s going on… when installing my Blitzkrieg sight, it was a challenge to get the nut started on the gun (but I was using needle-nose pliers. When off the gun, it threaded just fine). Did you try the nut in both orientations?

My factory nut is was a nylok style nut… one side has a nylon washer built into it as a locking device. It should thread onto the bolt metal side first.
    Name:  FF2E1628-8FC6-4A90-9F6F-83C2639F90E0.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  28.4 KB

User Tag List