Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cunning Man giveaway

The Cunning Man giveaway

I was going through a stack of books and found a second copy of The Cunning Man by Dave Butler and Aaron Ritchey. It’s a good book and I’ll pass it on. If you like Manly Wade Wellman’s John the Balladeer you’ll like Hyram Woolley.

“It’s the depths of the Depression, and a mining town in Utah is shut down. Something has awakened underground, and now a monster roams the tunnels. While contentious owners squabble, poor worker families go hungry. Along comes Hiram Woolley. Hiram is a man with mystical abilities derived from the commonsense application of Scots-Irish folk wisdom and German braucher magic. He possesses an arcane Bloodstone that allows him to see a lie the moment it is spoken.

Behind the played-out farms and failed businesses are demons, curses, sorcerers, and unatoned wrongs. Bags of groceries and carpentry won’t be enough this time.The job will take a man who has known sorrow. A man who has known war. A man of wisdom. A man of magic.”

I’ll do a random drawing next Monday 9/28. If you’re interested a simple I’m in is good.
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 09-29-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    I’m in. That sounds interesting.

I'm in
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

The book takes place in Utah, and sounds like something Larry Correia would write. I'm in.

Sounds cool.
    I'm in.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Sounds like it'd be interesting.

Please count me in, thank you!

And Chuck is the lucky winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    And Chuck is the lucky winner!
    A cool thing to wake up to!

Thank you, Sir!
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I was going through a stack of books and found a second copy of The Cunning Man by Dave Butler and Aaron Ritchey. It’s a good book and I’ll pass it on. If you like Manly Wade Wellman’s John the Balladeer you’ll like Hyram Woolley.

“It’s the depths of the Depression, and a mining town in Utah is shut down. Something has awakened underground, and now a monster roams the tunnels. While contentious owners squabble, poor worker families go hungry. Along comes Hiram Woolley. Hiram is a man with mystical abilities derived from the commonsense application of Scots-Irish folk wisdom and German braucher magic. He possesses an arcane Bloodstone that allows him to see a lie the moment it is spoken.

Behind the played-out farms and failed businesses are demons, curses, sorcerers, and unatoned wrongs. Bags of groceries and carpentry won’t be enough this time.The job will take a man who has known sorrow. A man who has known war. A man of wisdom. A man of magic.”

I’ll do a random drawing next Monday 9/28. If you’re interested a simple I’m in is good.
    I just wanted to say that I didn't opt "in" to this giveaway because I no longer read physical books. But your description was very interesting, so I downloaded a Kindle sample and really liked the beginning. Enough that I bought and downloaded the book and recommended the book to my Mom as well. I'm still working on a big book I had already started, but the Cunning Man is the next one I'm reading. Mom has already read it because she goes through about 5 books a month. So anyways, thank you for bringing this book to our attention, as well as the generous giveaway!

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I just wanted to say that I didn't opt "in" to this giveaway because I no longer read physical books. But your description was very interesting, so I downloaded a Kindle sample and really liked the beginning. Enough that I bought and downloaded the book and recommended the book to my Mom as well. I'm still working on a big book I had already started, but the Cunning Man is the next one I'm reading. Mom has already read it because she goes through about 5 books a month. So anyways, thank you for bringing this book to our attention, as well as the generous giveaway!
    Thank you! I’m glad you and your Mom bought it. I follow Dave on social media pretty closely and I’ve read most of his series. I’m lucky I’ve won a couple of his raffles when he gives swag away.

User Tag List