Thread: MPA Defender

MPA Defender

Has anyone here purchased or shot the MPA Defender? I am thinking about picking one up and Form 1ing it.

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...ith-arm-brace/
    Last edited by Flamingo; 09-21-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    It's been awhile... but yeah, I've shot them a handful of times.

I shot a few of the pistol variants that were closer to traditional S/A Mac clones. I remember them as being pretty unreliable and with bad trigger slap. Those issues may have been addressed in the last few years though.

I'm honestly kinda surprised they're still making them after the success they've had with their excellent bolt-action rifles. It's hard to believe they're the same company.

The trigger slap stopped me, as I liked the Glock magazine concept for a hot minute when they were introduced.

The last NIB one I looked at in person had a piece of clear oxygen type tubing over the trigger. If trigger slap is so obnoxious as to require a really obvious “feature” like that, then it is real.

My fondling also noted potential issues with the balance with the 15ish degree forward Glock magazine tilt. I expect the balance would feel better with the original vertical Mac 10 magazine design.

Site Supporter
    I had one briefly. The trigger slap was bad even with the aforementioned tubing installed from the factory, and even an add on extra wide trigger shoe didn't help. I also found the safety slow to use.

Thanks for the input... I will look for something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I'm honestly kinda surprised they're still making them after the success they've had with their excellent bolt-action rifles. It's hard to believe they're the same company.
    Then again, USFA made both super fine quality SAA replicas, and the biggest ball of Suck & Fail evah- the Zip 22.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Then again, USFA made both super fine quality SAA replicas, and the biggest ball of Suck & Fail evah- the Zip 22.
    That was a real shame. I've often regretted not snagging a USFA SAA when they were available at reasonable prices.

Site Supporter
    A Ruger PC Charger, Stribog, or AR based Glock-fed 9mm PCC are all vastly better values for similar prices if you're interested in doing something like that on a Form 1.

Unless it's a grandfathered open bolt semi or a transferable MG, there's basically no reason to own a MAC clone.

User Tag List