Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You guys (and gals) are a bad influence.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Do tell...
    Posted all of it in the galley:

Remington 11-87 police with everything to deck it out
    Beretta 92GA1
    Sig M18
    Remington 1100

Accessories and ammo too numerous to recall.

I also sold $2180 worth of stuff. And I had worked many OT shifts in the last couple months so I had some extra spending money.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Yeah, just out of curiosity I pulled a CSV file down from the Mastercard and looked at what all I spent while I was on furlough with time on my hands. Big Mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’ll use this thread to call out @jetfire due my impromptu purchase of a .38 LCRx 3”. Already ordered some CT grips and a variety of loads. Should become my new “bum around” and lightweight hiking go-to.

FWIW it was LNIB at about 50% of what retail would be new. Now if I can just find the .22 snubby version, a 43c, or a 351c.
    Last time I looked, Grabagun had the 22 Mag snubs, but that was a week ago and who knows what it's like now

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I placed an order for custom 3D printed GP100 grips, which will fully consume the money I took in (or expect to take in) by selling an AR barrel, two 1911 mags and a Safariland holster.
    As one of the funders, I expect to see pictures when they arrive.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Will do. He emailed a screenshot of the scanned 3D model this morning. Looks a lot like the automatically surfaced scan data I deal with at work. I'm crossing my fingers that the printed article is good, or can at least be cleaned up to what I want it to be.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Finally got it picked up. Don’t hate on my poor photography skills. I’m not big on “commemorative guns”, but I wanted a Model 68 and this was what I found. It’s been so long since I shot a 6” K-frame I forgot what it’s like to have a set of sights with ZERO light on either side of the front post. I thought I might install a thinner patridge with a gold bead until I realized it’s not a removable front sight. So I guess I’m going to look for a wider rear blade.

New grips too. I just bought a pair of Rogers/Safariland for a K-Square. I might use those, or something nice in wood. I’d like them to be somewhat period correct. Maybe I’ll just use a set of Pachmayr Grippers.

Now I’m on the hunt for a nice condition Bianchi 2800 “The Judge”

Edit: I need to correct my earlier statement that the gun is "mint". While it does indeed appear to be unfired, it is not "mint" by my definition. Cylinder turn line indicates someone liked to handle it...

Name:  DEF7885D-1F3F-429E-8488-8B69682B015B.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  46.1 KB
    Name:  8A15946E-765E-43EE-8896-B7AA622D6777.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  24.4 KB
    Name:  558E4C09-AF33-4487-9C08-CEB84900B2F0.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  72.1 KB
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 10-15-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+2800&_sacat=0

Looks like there is at least 2 in serviceable condition on the ebay right now. I suspect that they would shine right up with leather moisturizer and good cream polish ( Saphir, Kelly's etc.)

Great looking Smith.

Not the model you asked for but NOS and sexy as well as it is a front break

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bianchi-NEW...AAAOSwfBBZlhBh

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+2800&_sacat=0

Looks like there is at least 2 in serviceable condition on the ebay right now. I suspect that they would shine right up with leather moisturizer and good cream polish ( Saphir, Kelly's etc.)

Great looking Smith.

Not the model you asked for but NOS and sexy as well as it is a front break

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bianchi-NEW...AAAOSwfBBZlhBh
    Thanks! I saw those NOS 27K holsters and was thinking about them as a second choice. I won a really good Judge that was CHP marked on Ebay, and the seller cancelled the sale after I won. I asked him why and he said he had "forgotten that he sold it at a flea market". :\

Another option is a new AE Nelson breakfront, but I don't know how they compare to the classic Bianchi models.

Site Supporter

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Forgive my terrible and hasty photos.

I am just tired of chasing soulless plastic and find myself gravitating to the revolver cases again every time I go to the local shops. Yesterday these two came home after unloading some items.

Name:  BHAWK.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  78.1 KB
    Ruger Blackhawk .357 with a set of custom stag stocks. The receipt for them was in the box and the previous owner paid $200 for them. The barrel is engraved 50th anniversary edition.

Name:  28-2.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  68.3 KB
    S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman. Very excited to finally have an N Frame gun. It came with the Millet red dot installed and no box or rear sight. I am planning to remove the dot and maybe get a C&S fixed rear for it. Came with a set of Pachmayr presentation grips, but I immediately swapped them out for a set of NIB Rogers Combat grips that I have been saving. Trigger is incredible. DA is an effortless rolling break. SA is mouse fart light. The outside face of the trigger guard and the frame are beadblasted flat. I can only assume this setup was designed around some kind of accuracy/bullseye shooting needs.

An Alfonso holster is en route that I grabbed off of Ebay last night.

User Tag List