Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You guys (and gals) are a bad influence.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Pictures of the Model 68 or it doesn't exist.
    Not to mention targets...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Look up. I’ll post more when it arrives and I can get it. Not a legit CHP gun.
    NIB?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    NIB?
    That’s what the listing said. It’s in one of those commemorative boxes. With a CHP association crest on the starboard side.

My S&W book is at work in my office so I haven’t been able to check the backstory. I’ve been teleworking since March 15.

If I told you guys what I bought in the last week or so you'd think I was bragging. But I sold some expensive stuff too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    That’s what the listing said. It’s in one of those commemorative boxes. With a CHP association crest on the starboard side.

My S&W book is at work in my office so I haven’t been able to check the backstory. I’ve been teleworking since March 15.
    I’ll help you out. From the SCSW:

“California Highway Patrol Commemorative: 1984 Caliber – .38 Special, a limited edition Commemorative version of the CHP Model 68 offered in May 1984, engraved with the CHP “Winged Wheel” on the sideplate, with “California Highway Patrol” engraved on the barrel, with belt buckle, laser engraved walnut presentation case.”
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Looks like I've been well behaved compared to some of you. The last firearm related things I ordered were in mid-July... another 1,000 125gr JHP 38 special bullets (gotta grab 'em when you can these days) which just arrived; and a Bowen Rough Country rear sight for the GP100 MC which I'm still waiting on. Thinking about what's next, but there's really nothing that can't wait a while and haven't seen any gotta-have-it revolvers on the shelves recently. They aren't selling as quickly as the mainstream stuff locally, just that most of what I've seen recently has been either overpriced, or duplicates what I already have.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Looks like I've been well behaved compared to some of you. The last firearm related things I ordered were in mid-July... another 1,000 125gr JHP 38 special bullets (gotta grab 'em when you can these days) which just arrived; and a Bowen Rough Country rear sight for the GP100 MC which I'm still waiting on. Thinking about what's next, but there's really nothing that can't wait a while and haven't seen any gotta-have-it revolvers on the shelves recently. They aren't selling as quickly as the mainstream stuff locally, just that most of what I've seen recently has been either overpriced, or duplicates what I already have.
    The only thing I've ordered recently is a Mernickle holster for my Model 19. I grabbed some Wilson Elite 8-round magazines earlier this year.

I bought a bunch of 9mm and .38s when Wally-Woild was selling off their stock. Then Covid hit and I haven't shot off hardly any of it.

I'd like to get a 66-8 snubbie. Don't need it, though.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I'd like to get a 66-8 snubbie. Don't need it, though.
    Yes you do

Its probably the single most practical sixgun imo

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    If I told you guys what I bought in the last week or so you'd think I was bragging. But I sold some expensive stuff too.
    Do tell...
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I’ll use this thread to call out @jetfire due my impromptu purchase of a .38 LCRx 3”. Already ordered some CT grips and a variety of loads. Should become my new “bum around” and lightweight hiking go-to.

FWIW it was LNIB at about 50% of what retail would be new. Now if I can just find the .22 snubby version, a 43c, or a 351c.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List