Thread: Immediate Action Combatives BJJ - Cecil Burch - Orlando, FL - Sept 19/20 2020

Immediate Action Combatives BJJ - Cecil Burch - Orlando, FL - Sept 19/20 2020

Superlative

Again, a lot of the discussion about whee this class overlaps with ECQC/etc has been discussed elsewhere and previously, so I don't want to focus on that...

Some big takeaways, again, that do bear repeating:

1.) Some fluency in BJJ can really influence the outcome in a weapon's based environment. Once you get a pistol you can live with and learn how to shoot it a bit, taking BJJ classes a few times a week can really help cardio and knowledge of what you need to do.

2.) While USPSA and Sport BJJ take us down the rabbit hole, that is still time well spent. People are learning principles and keep refining those principles. "Think street, train sport, Practice art" - @Paul Sharp kept saying that Chris Haueter mantra forever. I think it applies so much to a lot of these "martial pursuits", especially if you're a "normal" middle aged person...

Some good photos of @Cory working with John (who started at Paul's gym in IL with me...) - he just deployed an emersion wave trainer...

http://instagram.com/p/CFYczlXJjsR/

Should also add a solid plug to Ben and Cindy from https://www.instagram.com/redbeard_combatives/ who hosted the event at their massive indoor gym in Pleasantville, err, Auburndale, FL. Seriously, that is a cute town. And an awesome gym.

Thank you for the kind words. It was great meeting you in meat space, and I appreciate the support.

It was an easy seminar to teach because all the students were so engaged. I will be back in September of '21, and hopefully we will be able to use Redbeard Combatives terrific facility. Having an excellent place like that with so much space is a real plus. And I agree with you Les - it is a nice little town.

The only thing I missed out on was seeing some enormous gator strolling around!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List