Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is price gouging the ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I don't feel sorry for people who want to buy a fire extinguisher when the stove is on fire. Neither do I feel bad for people who have seen ammo panics in 2008, 2012, 2016, and somehow didn't see election panic coming in 2020.
    I have been shooting for more than 60 years and I have never seen an ammunition situation like the current one.

Not many industries could cover that kinda growth.

Empty Shelves: Ammunition Sales Surge 139% https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-139-percent/

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    My baseline assumption until proven otherwise is that anyone under the age of 50 who attended public schools has no understanding of that subject, since it long ago ceased to be taught.

One only has to look at the popularity of Bernie, and large swaths of other public officials and members of congress to conclude the basic economics has become a banned subject and a despised truth.
    You assume incorrectly. Economics is a graduation requirement in Arizona. At least here, in one of the lowest funded education systems in the US, we are still teaching it to every high school kid.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    . Neither do I feel bad for people who have seen ammo panics in 2008, 2012, 2016, and somehow didn't see election panic coming in 2020.
    Me either, but I bet there's a lot of gun owners who weren't gun owners then. Or adults. I can roll my own for maybe two years without buying shit else, and my boss still buys a lot of ammo to let me shoot. I'm not worried for me. I'm worried for the effects on gun culture down the road when pricing keeps youngsters from shooting, newbies from getting into competition, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Me either, but I bet there's a lot of gun owners who weren't gun owners then. Or adults. I can roll my own for maybe two years without buying shit else, and my boss still buys a lot of ammo to let me shoot. I'm not worried for me. I'm worried for the effects on gun culture down the road when pricing keeps youngsters from shooting, newbies from getting into competition, etc.
    I know it goes against the normally taught idea, but human beings are herd animals. We live in groups, and at the first sign of danger, run toward the cliff. I see it year after year before hurricanes, and this year we added guns, ammo, and toilet paper. We need a panic vaccine. Short of that, I have no idea how to leave anything for anyone who wants shooting supplies after the stampede starts.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I know it goes against the normally taught idea, but human beings are herd animals. We live in groups, and at the first sign of danger, run toward the cliff. I see it year after year before hurricanes, and this year we added guns, ammo, and toilet paper. We need a panic vaccine. Short of that, I have no idea how to leave anything for anyone who wants shooting supplies after the stampede starts.
    I think you mean "legal or ethical" idea.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm worried for the effects on gun culture down the road when pricing keeps youngsters from shooting, newbies from getting into competition, etc.
    You know, i am fine but one of the things I have done is share some of my SPPs with friends. Some of them are newer shooters and I help promote people pulling triggers.

But now I have had to slow their roll, the primers i have left at this point are MY primers, and it pains me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    You assume incorrectly. Economics is a graduation requirement in Arizona. At least here, in one of the lowest funded education systems in the US, we are still teaching it to every high school kid.
    That is good news for Arizona, based on the fact that I have to teach it myself to every recent college grad co-op, and intern we get tells me that is not true in the Southeast.

Site Supporter
    I haven’t been in a WalMart in ... maybe a year? Anyway. I decided to check to see if that bastion of cheap ammo still has it at the cheap prices, even though they aren’t carrying anything pistol or EBR-related anymore.

100rd box of promo 12g birdshot was about $20, STS light target was $7.xx, and most common hunting rifle calibers were on the shelf. Was one box of 6.5 Creedmore, but tons of .243, .270, .308, and .30’06. Bought a box of Federal Powershock .270 Win for $17.xx since I need some brass.

Of course, it came out of the box looking like this:
    Name:  1048A1EA-DF8F-47E3-9E7F-69C020308523.jpeg
Views: 523
Size:  93.1 KB

SMH.

Anyhow, prices seem about what they have been in recent years, and there’s ammunition in stock at that one. Even though the ammunition case shrank. Stands to reason, since they stopped carrying the variety they used to by cutting out the high volume calibers.

I did notice that shotgun target loads seem to be readily available and reasonably priced. Might be a good time to shift gears and go break some clay pigeons.....

User Tag List