Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have some great trigger control drills?

Does anyone have some great trigger control drills?

Title says it all.

Looking for some drills that really isolate and focus on the trigger.

Shooting a Gen4 Glock 19 if it matters.

Bueller?

It seems to me the Wall Drill (https://pistol-training.com/drills/wall-drill) would be good for trigger control.

Like the poster above, I like the wall drill. It's a staple of my dry fire routine.

Balancing a penny on the front sight (easier with a partner) and pressing the trigger without disturbing the coin.

Simple, but effective.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

IMO unless your priority is shooting 25 yard and 50 yard bullseyes, most people would be better served moving on to something like Ben Stoeger's "trigger control at speed" dry fire drill. Using a shot timer with no par time set, start aimed in with your finger touching the trigger (but not prepping or applying any pressure). On the beep, press the trigger straight back, with the goal being to break the shot before the end of the beep. You can use a slightly more generous time for a striker gun with a long heavy trigger or a double action gun, but the intent is for this trigger press to be fast, rather than a deliberate prep-then-press or a slow gradual surprise break. Doing this taught me a lot about how my hands fit my gun and what I need to do with my grip pressure and trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Balancing a penny on the front sight (easier with a partner) and pressing the trigger without disturbing the coin.

Simple, but effective.
    Excellent drill for the Acro equipped Glock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    IMO unless your priority is shooting 25 yard and 50 yard bullseyes, most people would be better served moving on to something like Ben Stoeger's "trigger control at speed" dry fire drill. Using a shot timer with no par time set...
    Best dry fire trigger control drill.

Also, if I could take back time I spent pulling the trigger with a coin/brass on a front sight, I would. It trains a completely unrealistic slow speed and, in my experience, doesn't translate into trigger control at faster speeds.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

There's not enough time in the world to put coins or brass on my front sight. Even when I do practice slow fire trigger control, I bet I can get about 5 times as much training done in the exact same time by using the front sight or red dot movement to judge the quality of my performance.

Site Supporter
    The Bump Drill.

I first learned it via Bruce Gray though I don’t know if he originated it. It can be done both dry and live.

User Tag List