Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The M16 and the FBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Do you know the specs of the current POW carbine? I’m curious and I’m sure some other folks are too.
    The recent Colt POWs were a 6920 with a free float rail. Originally a Troy Alpha rail subsequently replaced with a 13” Geissele Mk4 rail (same rail as the issued carbine but 13” vs 10”). They were coming with Troy BUIS but future guns will use the Magpul PRO BUIS.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The recent Colt POWs were a 6920 with a free float rail. Originally a Troy Alpha rail subsequently replaced with a 13” Geissele Mk4 rail (same rail as the issued carbine but 13” vs 10”). They were coming with Troy BUIS but future guns will use the Magpul PRO BUIS.
    I thought Colt was selling them to the public last year. The version with the Troy rail.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I thought Colt was selling them to the public last year. The version with the Troy rail.
    They sold a batch of the Troy Rail guns via a some colt dealers land then more recently a batch of the Geissele Rail guns via ArmsUnlimted but it appears they were one time contract over runs.

My recollection is that I shot and qualified with a Colt M16 with triangular hand guards at Quantico New Agent’s training in 1986. Can’t remember if it was semi only or had a lock out on the safety. Never saw any M16s at my field office in the time I was there. The SWAT guys all seemed to favor short barreled 870s. I guess they might have had some M16s in the trunks of their BuCars.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    This is one of the Troy Rail POW Rifles:

Name:  FECB6429-016E-4738-A280-FDEA4C992E01.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  26.2 KB

It’s on consignment- I have do affiliation with the seller or the FFL:

https://m.facebook.com/AllShootersTa...pe=3&source=48

User Tag List