Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KSTG at the NRA 3-July-12

I also really liked the last stage, as well as the card draw stage that made you engage the brain a bit first. I saw a drill in a recent SWAT magazine article that involves the shooter reading aloud until the buzzer goes, then looking up and engaging. There's more to the drill, and it would have to be adapted, but might be something interesting to do.

I certainly had fun with the stages; all but the first had some really interesting elements in them (gotta work on my swordsmanship, and during the 'card' stage I had to check the card again to see which color NOT to shoot).

I can say that having 20% more gun, as well as having a gun that reloads better from a speedloader certainly helped a LOT. Also, it was nice to have someone to compete against in my division, for once =)

Thanks to the crew; see y'all next time!

Todd, et all Range Officers and Timekeepers:

We REALLY appreciate the time and effort put into these games. Each time I come out, I've learned a bit more about what to carry and what not to. Let's just say that I'm starting with a J-Frame revolver as a "do not carry" as a main gun. At least not without some special training and finding out which speedloaders will actually work or not.

TJ

Do we have a date for the next match?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Do we have a date for the next match?
    25-Sep is the next scheduled. We're trying to work with the NRA to get a date at the end of August as well.

What's the July 31st event then?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    What's the July 31st event then?
    It's going to be an (unofficial) IPSC match.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It's going to be an (unofficial) IPSC match.
    Does unofficial mean youre banning all those cheater 34s? haha

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by owlchemist View Post
    youre banning all those cheater 34s?
    You've assumed that the match is being setup and/or run by Todd; AFAIK, it's being run by some of the NRA range staff.

We are diminished
    I won't even be in town. It will be run by uspsa rules to the best of my knowledge. But they're not an official club.

User Tag List