Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KSTG at the NRA 3-July-12

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by baronfitz View Post
    I think most of us could have waited until daybreak.
    Most...

Quote Originally Posted by baronfitz View Post
    Oh procedurals! Gotta not do those again. If I hadn't penetrated cover for two shots, I'd be ten seconds faster.

Tell me about it. About 30% of my time was procedurals.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

We are diminished
    Not for nothin' but one of the things I'm most proud about when it comes to KSTG is that the folks who come to the matches regularly have really started to understand the idea of not over-penetrating/crowding cover. In the coming months we're going to get less generous with how far people can lean out from over, as well.

Thanks to Todd and all the ROs and staff for another great match. I particularly liked the stage design with the final "super stage" that used the whole width of the range and the targetry from the previous stages.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Thanks to Todd and all the ROs and staff for another great match. I particularly liked the stage design with the final "super stage" that used the whole width of the range and the targetry from the previous stages.
    That was an idea JV had a while back. It certainly made the match easier to set up and tear down while keeping the number of stages and the round count reasonable. I know I liked it.

We'd love to hear feedback on this issue from other folks who were there. Is that kind of "field course" something you'd like to see more of?

Yes! That was a lot of fun. It also opens up a lot of opportunities for stage planning and risk assessment.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

First, thanks to the guys for setting up another fun match.

I enjoyed the 'superstage' finale. It opened up more opportunity for movement (and obviously a greater number of targets) than a standard stage. It also forced some decision making (e.g. do I engage these targets on the move or fire from the starting position?).

I also liked the 'don't shoot this color' stage - one of those 'engage brain then shoot' exercises. Reminded me of a stage at an IDPA match also at the NRA Range a few years ago which took place around a poker table. The suit of the card you drew determined the 'no-shoot' targets.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Not for nothin' but one of the things I'm most proud about when it comes to KSTG is that the folks who come to the matches regularly have really started to understand the idea of not over-penetrating/crowding cover. In the coming months we're going to get less generous with how far people can lean out from over, as well.
    First, no G34s. Now, all this tactical stuff. I thought this was supposed to be a game? Why don't we just call it Kan't Satisfy Todd Green?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That was an idea JV had a while back. It certainly made the match easier to set up and tear down while keeping the number of stages and the round count reasonable. I know I liked it.

We'd love to hear feedback on this issue from other folks who were there. Is that kind of "field course" something you'd like to see more of?
    Genius. It's obvious you guys put a lot of thought (and maybe even have some fun) in designing the stages. I loved the field course and would love to see more of that!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

The final stage was pretty cool, I liked the tea party one too.

Thanks for running the match! Was my first time participating but will be signing up for the next event!

User Tag List