Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Peaceful protesters

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Haven’t thought that far ahead. 18 year Scotch? A nice bourbon?
    A nice bourbon sounds nice I think I will go with that.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    For those not clear, two "vicious" dogs are better than one, and three are better than two...If you want the dogs to be "vicious", train them to be...it can be done, you just have to want to train each dog to be a player; each dog is an individual. Biting dogs are not necessarily a bad thing. "Vicious" dogs may just want to get a job done...My current dog, a high drive malinois, LOVES to bite people, but he has bit no one that I didn't approve of... Train your dogs, people, to a standard you want to see maintained. But of course, that means time...effort...mistakes...

Think of your four legged friends, people... those that want to bite are either restricted by you, and your hang ups/training, or aren't really genetically capable biters/protectors in the first place. Or will bite what you don't want...

That said, I would rather loose windows and body work, than a well trained dog that is a member of MY pack (loving family animal, what ever you want to call him)...

0at
    Nah. Our pit would do things like crunch door knobs when he was noted. Three! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    What's the answer, then? Showing up ready to answer violence with violence isn't exactly a good look, either. It hasn't done wonders for the image of the proud boys, after all.
    It ain’t pretty but I fear it’s getting close to being the only viable option to put a stop to it. I’m not any more fond of the idea than the next guy, but the current course of capitulating time and time again sure doesn’t seem to be doing much more than emboldening them.

What would you suggest then?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    People have seen what happens to people that defend themselves. You will probably be arrested and spend a few thousand in legal fees even if the charges are dropped. Then you will have to worry about being doxed and people showing up to your house or place of work.
    Well, outside of Texas anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    ...It seems to me that the fear and outrage that comes out of viewing videos like this result from the assumption that the victim was selected by the ANTIFA assholes almost randomly. That assumption makes it all that much more unacceptable...
    Agreed, and precisely why context is needed and should be provided by disseminators, or sought by us if there isn't any.

Trouble is, too often it seems these types of videos are distributed without context deliberately and maliciously to produce the "fear and outrage effect" in credulous or susceptible viewers, who then pass it along...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Massachusetts....

For some reason we are not having nearly the same issues in Utah
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    It ain’t pretty but I fear it’s getting close to being the only viable option to put a stop to it. I’m not any more fond of the idea than the next guy, but the current course of capitulating time and time again sure doesn’t seem to be doing much more than emboldening them.

What would you suggest then?
    My preference would be for law enforcement to be allowed to properly do their jobs and reign in the violence coming from both Antifa/BLM *and* Proud Boys types. IMO anybody from either side who starts in on using physical force of any kind on another person or a structure should bare minimum get scooped up and get to spend the night in jail, hopefully with actual charges to follow.

Given that that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon and that I've never been the type to go to protests in the first place, I'm mostly on the "hope it doesn't come to my front door but be prepared to use appropriate force if it does" plan. For those who do want to go to protests, I guess going unarmed seems pretty dumb, but going at all when you don't have to be there does seem to violate the 3 stupids principle, for better or worse. Showing up to these things definitely means you're putting yourself at higher risk of getting into a self defense scenario, with all that can stem from that these days.

I'm not sure there is a good answer - I was mainly asking for detail on where your line of reasoning ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    My preference would be for law enforcement to be allowed to properly do their jobs and reign in the violence coming from both Antifa/BLM *and* Proud Boys types. IMO anybody from either side who starts in on using physical force of any kind on another person or a structure should bare minimum get scooped up and get to spend the night in jail, hopefully with actual charges to follow.

Given that that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon and that I've never been the type to go to protests in the first place, I'm mostly on the "hope it doesn't come to my front door but be prepared to use appropriate force if it does" plan. For those who do want to go to protests, I guess going unarmed seems pretty dumb, but going at all when you don't have to be there does seem to violate the 3 stupids principle, for better or worse. Showing up to these things definitely means you're putting yourself at higher risk of getting into a self defense scenario, with all that can stem from that these days.

I'm not sure there is a good answer - I was mainly asking for detail on where your line of reasoning ends up.
    I too would prefer that the hands of LE be untied to appropriately subdue the riots. Whether that happens anytime soon is anyone’s guess.

I’m not apt to attending protests or such myself, but I can’t fault someone for going to such. The 1A is the 1A. We ALL get to partake. The fact that violence seems to be the inevitable result, primarily initiated by one side, should not be tolerated or be allowed to discourage others from voicing their differing views. Using violence to silence or dissuade others from exercising their 1A needs to be met with harsh penalties. That is truly depriving others of a constitutional right.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    It ain’t pretty but I fear it’s getting close to being the only viable option to put a stop to it. I’m not any more fond of the idea than the next guy, but the current course of capitulating time and time again sure doesn’t seem to be doing much more than emboldening them.....
    What capitulation looks like to me is failing to vote on election day.

Site Supporter
    Name:  FC3E5ED9-E876-46A4-8EA6-866AA4241B3E.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  56.8 KB

User Tag List