Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I adjust the sights or is it me that’s wrong?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HJB View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why isn't it as simple to shoot the gun using a rest of some kind for your hand and see if the shots are still to the left. I always do that when I first shoot a new gun or replace sights on a gun. I like to know that the gun is "sighted" properly, or if not, and I can't adjust the sights at that point in time, I will at least have some idea where to hold to make the best shots.

Why would that not be better than having some "known good Glock shooter" or anything else to determine why you are shooting left ?
    Because it's not "wobble" aka arc of movement causing consistent left / high left/low left shots. especially on Glocks.

Dispersion due to arc of movement is normally randomly distributed.

The grip and trigger issues which cause those issues are discussed up thread,

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Because the most likely problem is my finger is pushing the gun. I don’t have access to a ransom rest and just resting the gun on something only stabilizes the sights. I would still push the gun.

Caveat emptor: I have not tried it so it may be exactly what I need to do.

Issue is still unsolved. Using the “more finger” answer still leads to shooting L and high. I feel like the fundamentals are there as I don’t see the sights moving and using the same fundamentals gives me a 1” 10 shot group at 7 yds using my usual guns (P229 and 1911s) and a similarly tight and centered group using a MP shield, P2022, GP100, and XD. Now I can get about 2 shots at poi (using a rolling pull on the 19s trigger but that’s super slow) with the rest about 2-3 inches high an L. Total group about 2.5 in spread.
    Left and high with a Glock (assuming right handed shooter) is a grip issue. Usually this is due to squeezing/ increasing pressure with the firing hand while puling the trigger, also known as "milking" or "heeling." With most autos this results in high center shots but with the hump and grip angle of the glock right handers will squeeze shots to 10-11 o'clock, left handers to 1-2 o'clock.

fixes - take and maintain a firm grip, if you think the gun / sights are moving too much add support hand grip pressure.

User Tag List