Thread: T/C R22-- Ruger 10/22 clone

Site Supporter

T/C R22-- Ruger 10/22 clone

I just bought a T/C R22 rifle and I thought it's worth talking about. I paid $400 out the door at Bass Pro and mailed in for a $25 rebate. It's a little more expensive than my Ruger 10/22- but it has a threaded barrel, a peep sight, a fiber optic front sight, and is lighter than my wood stocked 10/22. The accuracy and the reliability is the same as my Ruger (after 200 rounds). At 65 years old, I hoped to still be able to use iron sights for plinking- these are good to go for me. I had problems with the oem 10 round mag- it's a pain in the arse to load and I couldn't get mine to work. I have lots of the Ruger 25 round mags that work fine- just no last round hold open with the Ruger mags. It's as light as my M&P 15-22- which is important to my grandkids who want to shoot it. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a .22 for plinking, small game hunting, and as a fun, light, reliable .22.

I looked at the Bergara BXR, I would have been happy with that (at $500), I think, if it had iron sights. We are blessed to have so many quality choices.

I bought one of the TCR/22s when they first came out. It's a great alternative to a stock 10/22 at roughly the same price. Mine was $280 pre-tax and I've seen them for as low as $250. The only issue I have with mine is that I took the rear sight off to play around with a scope and now can't find it. Thompson Center's website doesn't seem to have any parts available.

For those interested, here's a review I did on mine when I bought it a couple years ago.
    https://wheeler686.blogspot.com/2018...-overview.html
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List