Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jones Fracture need fitness advice.

I should have included that in my first reply- the first month was supposed to be non-weight bearing. The second was weight bearing, but very very light duty and no strenuous loading of the injured foot. The next couple months were very slowing getting back to normal usage. Injury was early December- by late March/early April I felt pretty normal, if a little gun-shy. The first couple months of x-rays were creepy- the bone looked light a cased hot dog with bone growth very clearly not more than surface deep.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    I hope you get better quickly. I had a fracture of my 5th metatarsal over 15 years ago. It still bothers me. From my experience I would take a look at your shoes. I had to go to a bigger size and wide sizes. I currently am wearing zero drop shoes with a wide toe box. In the beginning i went to the stiffest boot I could find.(meindl boots) don’t worry about the size. Find a brand that works for you and use that as a size comparison for different brands. The last five years my feet have been much better. I started wearing flip flops 24/7 and working on strengthening my feet to including spreading my toes and balancing on one foot. I also stopped long runs went to using an elliptical.

Unfortunately for me it happened in the Army so I got the usual drink water, take Motrin , here is your profile limp dick. Diagnosis by 19 year old PFC medic with the giant symptom book. I did get an X-ray by the medics using a portable X-ray machine. It’s always nice to be a live training opportunity. They said it wasn’t broken. I limped on it for three months until I finally got a podiatrist appointment. He had a weight bearing X-ray done. The bad news was it was fractured straight through. The good news was it had healed. The bad bad news it healed crooked and was rubbing a nerve. It feels like a popsicle stick is in my shoe. If I walk too much It hurts but then goes numb and progresses to all my toes going numb on that foot. I just happy it’s not worse

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I hope you get better quickly. I had a fracture of my 5th metatarsal over 15 years ago. It still bothers me. From my experience I would take a look at your shoes. I had to go to a bigger size and wide sizes. I currently am wearing zero drop shoes with a wide toe box. In the beginning i went to the stiffest boot I could find.(meindl boots) don’t worry about the size. Find a brand that works for you and use that as a size comparison for different brands. The last five years my feet have been much better. I started wearing flip flops 24/7 and working on strengthening my feet to including spreading my toes and balancing on one foot. I also stopped long runs went to using an elliptical.

Unfortunately for me it happened in the Army so I got the usual drink water, take Motrin , here is your profile limp dick. Diagnosis by 19 year old PFC medic with the giant symptom book. I did get an X-ray by the medics using a portable X-ray machine. It’s always nice to be a live training opportunity. They said it wasn’t broken. I limped on it for three months until I finally got a podiatrist appointment. He had a weight bearing X-ray done. The bad news was it was fractured straight through. The good news was it had healed. The bad bad news it healed crooked and was rubbing a nerve. It feels like a popsicle stick is in my shoe. If I walk too much It hurts but then goes numb and progresses to all my toes going numb on that foot. I just happy it’s not worse
    Ugh sounds terrible. Glad you healed up though. I'm currently wearing a walking boot and trying to use the scooter as much as I can. I will definitely work on balance and strengthening my feet when this is all over. The battle ropes seem to be a pretty good form of cardio. No more running for me for a while. sue to my high arch, the doc wants me to have supportive insoles and told me to not wear flip flops. He does however want me in shoes with a very firm sole. told me for casual, Birkenstocks are pretty supportive.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Site Supporter
    My podiatrist made me prescription insoles because my arch went from normal to flat. They helped pretty much right away by forcing my arches back into the correct shape but I really didn’t start feeling better until I ditched the insoles for flip flops and stretched out my toes and strengthened my feet. I actually have an arch again. I admit that I no longer beat up my feet like I used to and that plays a huge part. My goal was to be to walk normally in my old age. The days of running eight miles everyday after duty for fun ended when I broke that bone. I think you are on the right track. Stay active and do what feels right

User Tag List