Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    All this is bullshit. Moscow Mitch played the partisan whore role for not allowing a vote on Garland. Trump has the legal right to put Judge Amy forward. So the Democrats are pissed at Mitch. They have reason to be.
    No, they don't.

Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Appointments Clause, empowers the president to nominate and, with the advice and consent of the United States Senate, to appoint public officials, including justices of the United States' Supreme Court.

If the party of your choice cannot hold both the office of the President and a sufficient majority of the Senate to secure confirmation, there is no requirement in the US Constitution that says that a Senate majority must comply with the wishes of a sitting president of the opposing party.

Elections, even down ticket elections, have consequences.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    No, they don't.

Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Appointments Clause, empowers the president to nominate and, with the advice and consent of the United States Senate, to appoint public officials, including justices of the United States' Supreme Court.

If the party of your choice cannot hold both the office of the President and a sufficient majority of the Senate to secure confirmation, there is no requirement in the US Constitution that says that a Senate majority must comply with the wishes of a sitting president of the opposing party.

Elections, even down ticket elections, have consequences.
    Exactly.

If anyone were to tell me they truly believed that the Democrat party would behave any differently in the same position, I will be unable to contain my laughter and will likely call them names that refer to sub-standard intelligence or being intentionally delusional.

The Democrat party is unable to call for an end to violent protests. In the dictionary, there's a photo of Obama, Shumer and Pelosi under the word "Gaslighting". The Party has lost any remaining shred of my respect. Orange Man Bad is a woefully insufficient explanation for voting D. YMMV.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-28-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: ETA Obama
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I understand the law, I don't like the venial politics. If a President puts up someone, have hearings and vote up or down. Goes for both parties. I'm not a fan of tribal expediency. I disagree with all the Democrats crapping the pants over Trump's choice. Get the votes to vote her down.

Site Supporter
    I understand the law, I don't like the venial politics. If a President puts up someone, have hearings and vote up or down. Goes for both parties. I'm not a fan of tribal expediency. I disagree with all the Democrats crapping the pants over Trump's choice. Get the votes to vote her down.
    The Senate did withhold it's advice and consent by not voting. Perfectly legal way to do it. The Senate is not under any mandate to hold an actual vote to do so. Why spend millions of taxpayer dollars to have the same result?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I would educate the public to vote for men and women of impeccable intellect, mental stability and honesty. I would teach them avoid emotional appeals and think about policy issues from a cognitive point of view.

Then I will build my faster than light spaceship and try to find one of those green skinned alien beauties that Captain Kirk had so much success with.
    Well, the second part of your post has a chance.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List