Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but honest question. Doesn't posting the link to the source square with the copyright?
    I don’t believe case law agrees, but I can’t confirm. The general rule most people seem to follow is no more than three paragraphs.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    The article to which you have linked is behind a paywall. Any chance that you can provide a quick cut and paste?

Sorry about that!

Like Justice Scalia, Judge Barrett is known as an originalist and a textualist—that is, she applies the Constitution according to her understanding of what its language meant when adopted, and when interpreting statutes she zeroes in on the text of legislation rather than the purpose lawmakers were trying to achieve.“

Although Judge Barrett has a limited judicial record, some of her opinions, as well as her writings as a law professor, help flesh out her views. In one key contrast with Justice Ginsburg, Judge Barrett has voiced a more expansive reading of the Second Amendment’s protections of the right to bear arms.”

Judge Barrett’s known views fall to the right of the two prior Trump appointees, and somewhat to the left of Justices Thomas and Alito, according to an analysis of judicial ideology by researchers at Washington University in St. Louis and the University of Michigan. As a result, the court’s “median justice,” currently Chief Justice Roberts, would shift rightward to Justice Kavanaugh, said one of the study’s authors, Lee Epstein, a political scientist and law professor at Washington University.”

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but honest question. Doesn't posting the link to the source square with the copyright?
    Out of my league, but I don't think posting whole articles is ok even with the link. Limited quotes for discussion fall under fair use, but I don't know where the line is. I do know what the rule at PF is, though.

Please refrain from posting copyrighted material on pistol-forum.com unless you are the copyright holder or have written permission from the copyright holder. This includes photographs, wholesale reposts of threads/articles from other websites, wire services, etc.

It is perfectly allowable to post a link along with a thumbnail or snippet.

Copyrighted material which is posted without following these guidelines is subject to deletion without warning.

Thank you,
    pistol-forum.com Staff
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torsius View Post
    Is Cthulhu rising from the sea on your 2020 bingo card? Just trying to prepare.
    No, that's more like "mass annihilation." I'm happier in the category of "generalized disorder." You have to respect my boundaries.

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/6e5d70a7-9...INSWWxwN_.copy
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    As a result, the court’s “median justice,” currently Chief Justice Roberts, would shift rightward to Justice Kavanaugh”
    Kavanaugh gets his Justice and his justice. I love happy endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Judge Barrett’s known views fall to the right of the two prior Trump appointees, and somewhat to the left of Justices Thomas and Alito, according to an analysis of judicial ideology by researchers at Washington University in St. Louis and the University of Michigan. As a result, the court’s “median justice,” currently Chief Justice Roberts, would shift rightward to Justice Kavanaugh, said one of the study’s authors, Lee Epstein, a political scientist and law professor at Washington University.”[/FONT][/COLOR]
    From a pure 2nd A standpoint, I wonder what that means.

If she's to the left of Thomas & Alito, seems like that would be more of a no further infringements approach as opposed to a regain lost rights approach.

Woodrow Wilson replaced the Chief Justice who resigned to run against him in 1916 and Dwight Eisenhower appointed William Brennan three weeks before the 1956 election or when it happened a half dozen other times during a Presidential election year.

Site Supporter
    All this is bullshit. Moscow Mitch played the partisan whore role for not allowing a vote on Garland. Trump has the legal right to put Judge Amy forward. So the Democrats are pissed at Mitch. They have reason to be.

The fix is easy - if a president puts forward a SCOTUS nominee, then compel the Senate to vote in a month's time and cut out the weasels.

All these arguments and charts demonstrate is that the two parties are self-centered and corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    All this is bullshit. Moscow Mitch played the partisan whore role for not allowing a vote on Garland. Trump has the legal right to put Judge Amy forward. So the Democrats are pissed at Mitch. They have reason to be.

The fix is easy - if a president puts forward a SCOTUS nominee, then compel the Senate to vote in a month's time and cut out the weasels.

All these arguments and charts demonstrate is that the two parties are self-centered and corrupt.
    And how would you “cut out the weasels?” A rope? This is a republic.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I would educate the public to vote for men and women of impeccable intellect, mental stability and honesty. I would teach them avoid emotional appeals and think about policy issues from a cognitive point of view.

Then I will build my faster than light spaceship and try to find one of those green skinned alien beauties that Captain Kirk had so much success with.

User Tag List