Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

I think I heard Nancy Scream and Smell the Shit in Schumer's pants.

RIP

I rarely if ever agreed with her rulings. In my opinion Ginsburg's interpretation of the U.S Constitution was politically motivated.

Elections have consequences!

All respect to RBG - as others have already said, I did not agree with all of her decisions, especially those related to firearms, but I certainly had respect for her will to stay on the court until the bitter end.

Do you suppose the "new" round of rioting will start tonight, or will they wait for Trump to nominate someone first so as to have a slightly more concrete excuse?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    May God have mercy on her soul.

This just added a huge can of gasoline to an already volatile election.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 09-18-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Blessing to her family for their loss.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I would really like to see them wait until after the election. Or nominate Merrick Garland.

The point has been proven re: Nuclear Option and the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This is a good opportunity for the GOP to lead the way back to civility and I will be severely disappointed if they don't take it.
    The court might have a central role to play in the post election fiasco, shitshow, whatever. Leaving 8 on SCOTUS seems to run an unnecessary risk. Constitutional crisis and all.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Godspeed and R.I.P.

She was a remarkable woman, regardless of which side of the fence you view her from.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    RIP

I rarely if ever agreed with her rulings. In my opinion Ginsburg's interpretation of the U.S Constitution was politically motivated.

Elections have consequences!
    As does Sen. Harry Reid's decision in November 2013, when Senate Democrats led by Harry Reid used the nuclear option to eliminate the 60-vote rule on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments.

We've had two Supreme Court Justices confirmed under these rules.

Time for a third Trump appointment and confirmation! And in record time please, Mr President!

May Bader-Ginsburg's soul rest forever in peace.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-18-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Full speed ahead. Damn the torpedos.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I would really like to see them wait until after the election. Or nominate Merrick Garland.

The point has been proven re: Nuclear Option and the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This is a good opportunity for the GOP to lead the way back to civility and I will be severely disappointed if they don't take it.
    There is no civility with the new left and Merrill Garland is going to give you a “Constitutional Assault Weapons Ban.”

User Tag List