Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Yes, yes - don’t enact your agenda because you will “enrage” the left. Got it.
    I do wonder if you're actually reading all of what I'm writing so I'll write less.

Engage on Monday: BAD.

Engage on Tuesday: GOOD.

How's that?

Democrats are threatening to add two more seats to the Supreme Court and fill with liberal judges if trump pushes a judge through and Biden wins in November.

I for one can’t wait for a future in 100 years when we have a Supreme Court of 237 justices because each party flip, they add enough new seats to switch the majority back.

Just like when Obama started using executive orders for unconstitutional shit. He was a hero. Then trump does it and it’s an outrage even though he’s just following historical precedent. So go ahead dems, add 2 more seats and in 2024 we can add 4 more to flip it back to conservative.

And then every 4 years, the new Supreme Court can strike down and reverse all of the rulings from the previous 4 years and rinse and repeat.

" Since the masks are off, let me take off mine. I am, underneath it all, an utterly cold blooded pragmatist. I loathe to my DNA that SCOTUS is now most powerful. But it is. That's not changing. And thus I want that power to be on my side as much as possible.
    If that means ramming a vote through as hard and fast as possible, so be it. So be it. I screamed my throat raw and typed my fingers bloody for decades telling everyone not to get to this point. I lost that argument. I lost that argument entirely. Will to power it is then."

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...182319616.html

Instapundit:
    "Or that if the Democrats pack the court with three or four new justices voting their way, and then the Republicans come back and do the same, pretty soon the Supreme Court will be as large and useless as the UN."

"To be fair, I’d be happy to see the Supreme Court rendered useless — it would avoid these nuclear-level scrums each time a Supreme Court justice is replaced."

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Time for another trip to the parts department...
    That’s just...

re-dickulous!

It's not just the supreme court but all the federal courts are going to be packed. The left is pissed that the 9th is turning right and will try to correct it. They stated before RGB died that they would pack the courts, get rid of the filibuster and electoral college. Or at least try.

They have been acting like whiny little brats since they lost the last election and feel the rules of out republic no longer apply to them and have been working at destroying them for the last four years.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Which is the greater motivator to get out the vote.....

1. SCOTUS nomination already filled?

2. SCOTUS nomination hanging open in the wind for the winner of the election?

And.... Which voters will come out in greater numbers for an open seat, D or R?
    Maybe we should ask Hillary.

I'm with Jody. Fill it now. Let Mitch make it hurt.

Bird in the hand.
    Not certain if he has time. The Senate process appears to be 70 or more days even when rushed. Senatorial process is designed to be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    While it is easy to forget that twitter isn't reflective of the hoi polloi outside the pundit class, I have noticed that only one side on there's been chanting 'burn it down' in regards to this particular case of replacing the newly-vacant seat.
    FB and Twitter may not be the best source for gauging the prevailing political winds.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I love all this politically correct wokeness from people that claim to be on the right. Go ahead and choke back those tears over someone who was in opposition of your right to defend yourself and your family and in a position to have upheld unconstitutional legislation that would have made you a felon.

When Bill Clinton dies are you guys gonna weep for him too?.
    Would this be a better response?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Not certain if he has time. The Senate process appears to be 70 or more days even when rushed. Senatorial process is designed to be slow.
    There's time. Page 12 at the link shows the number of days from submittal to the senate to final vote (the table doesn't include the Kavanaugh appointment circus). Highlights include Stevens in 19 days, O'Connor in 33 and Ginsburg herself in 43.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44234.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Yes, yes - don’t enact your agenda because you will “enrage” the left. Got it.

I’ve got a secret for the Neville Chamberlains out there: the left is always in a state of perpetual rage. Tell a progressive that you disagree with critical race theory or affirmative action and they will call you a racist or Nazi. That is a good sign that they did not come here to be met halfway or reasoned with. They aren’t going to be happy until you are drummed out of their polite society.

So, I’m fine with getting beaten because Americans want to go all-in with stupid. That is a whole lot better than trying to win by embracing the stupid and pretending that it doesn’t exist.
    It is interesting to see that the Left, led by Speaker Pelosi and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, are now signalling that impeachment proceedings are needed to stop President Trump from filling the vacancy on the court. I wonder what charges they'll pursue under such an action. How do they propose to impeach a sitting, duly-elected president for exercising his constitutional duty to nominate a successor? Or is Mr. Trump supposed to ''burn it all down'' in an act of sympathetic rage for the Left?

Conversely, if the Left still wants to ''burn it all down'' because the system needs to be done away with, why do they care about using it to impeach President Trump?

From the looks of things, the Left's perpetual temper tantrum will continue on its inexorable course.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List