Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You might be more right than you know, though.

If they ram through a nomination - after McConnell block in 2016, they can conceivably start packing Trump's shit up in the White House.

I'm already getting texts from conservative/libertarian leaning friends saying as much. Normally, people who would vote conservative who are disgusted by what MCConnell is proposing and doing.
    It is hard for me to imagine anyone with even modest conservative or libertarian leanings being comfortable with a Biden SCOTUS nomination. Anyone with enough political awareness to have their sense of fairness perturbed by the rise and fall of Garland’s nomination are also going to be aware of the duplicitous crap that the Dems pulled with other SCOTUS nominations (Bork, Thomas, and especially Kavanaugh).

Regardless, there is not enough time to get a nominee through the Judiciary Committee before the election. So, I say move forward with someone like Amy Barrett, and let the Dems once again reveal their true colors just before the election as they go apeshit during the committee hearings. Let the country experience the crazy in living color once more for old time’s sake...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm frankly astonished at the amount of respect people have for someone who was opposed to our constitutionally protected way of life and would have taken it from us given the choice. Aside from respect for her physical toughness which there is no argument for.
    Now, now. We must be civil...or at least acknowledge her strength.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Sad. Like her politics or not, she was a great jurist of one of the few institutions that still commands respect.

Going to be very interesting trying to replace her this close the election. Very interesting.
    She was the antithesis of how any origionalist believes the Constitution should be understood. Among the worst SCOTUS jurists ever. All the bullshit niceness about her horrific politics, legislating from the bench is exhausting.

Rest in peace Justice Ginsberg. You deserve eternal peace, but not praise.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm frankly astonished at the amount of respect people have for someone who was opposed to our constitutionally protected way of life and would have taken it from us given the choice. Aside from respect for her physical toughness which there is no argument for.
    Then salute the rank, not the person holding it.

Whether you, individually, like it or not, the person held a rank that is not bestowed to merely anyone, but in fact is earned through work and merit.

-

I find it fascinating that folks of one stripe who would sneer at a person of the other stripe and call them names for saying, "Trump isn't MY president." Are happy to celebrate the death of a a SCOTUS Justice, because she wasn't their justice.

Personally, my hypocrisy only goes so far, and it's not that far down.

I'm saddened by the loss of RBG for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is, her death all but guarantees a continued fucking shitshow for the rest of 2020 - and I could have really done without the fucking Looney Toons antics that are about to get dialed up to 14.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You might be more right than you know, though.

If they ram through a nomination - after McConnell block in 2016, they can conceivably start packing Trump's shit up in the White House.

I'm already getting texts from conservative/libertarian leaning friends saying as much. Normally, people who would vote conservative who are disgusted by what MCConnell is proposing and doing.

It could very much damage the POTUS run right now.

RBG dropping dead dropped a bomb into the middle of an already hot election and hard leaning folks aren't even cognizant of it.
    Your friends sound like either idiots or pussies. Anyone who at this point in 2020 beleives the left will reciprocate any decisions on the part of conservatives to be "nice" or "fair" is the former; anyone who realizes this and still wants to play "nice" and "fair" is the latter.

I watched what they did to Kavanaugh.

The GOP needs to ram someone through and use the system and power they have instead of staying noble losers.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Zero compromise. Trump should nominate the most staunch adherent to the letter of the U.S. Constitution as written he can find.
    Isn't that literally what every president is supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Isn't that literally what every president is supposed to do?
    It literally, literally is. It boggles the mind that it has actually become a major concern.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Some lower forms of life spray painted my parents Trump-Pence 2020 sign with RIP RGB.

As low as my opinion is of human nature, at times I, stupidly, still get shocked that people don’t understand the battle. Being civil means nominating someone ASAP in case the democrats(aka the left) win big in November. People are not deep, not because they cannot be deep, but because they choose not to be. My goodness! Get over yourself and fight the good fight. Which is not always the same thing as what makes YOU feel good.

User Tag List