Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Wow.

On "National Review Online," Kevin D. Williamson really lays into Bader-Ginsburg:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-t...stand-her-job/

One might say he was... Ruthless.
    All they will need to do is pencil in Sotamayor, Kagen and a few others' names when the time is right and they can just re-run that article as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Looks like McConnell may have the votes.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...who-we-thought
    I’m genuinely surprised, I put Romney’s support for a SCOTUS vote as nil.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’m genuinely surprised, I put Romney’s support for a SCOTUS vote as nil.
    Pleasantly so. You don't have to like Trump to do the right thing. Here's proof.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Thirded! What Republican Senator worthy of their office would not want an additional voice on the Supreme Court?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

ummm guys, He never said he would vote for the appointed nominee, only that he would "follow the constitution" That would be great if he had a clue what that meant. What if he chooses to vote against who the President nominated on some misguided idea that voting against him was a constitutional mandate? Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    I was very sad for the Republic when Sen. Harry Reid abolished the filibuster for executive appointments. The filibuster was a procedural device that required compromise. I really doubt the Republicans are far-sighted enough to put the filibuster back in place.
    If I compromise the foundation of your home, it falls down. If I compromise your airway, you die. SOOOOO many people forget the other meaning of that word. Compromise is never an answer when it comes to principle, ever! If I win I get the trophy, If I lose, I try harder next time. The compromise you are speaking of means everyone gets something for participating. That sir is a flawed principle and never throughout history has it ever worked. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmouse View Post
    If I compromise the foundation of your home, it falls down. If I compromise your airway, you die. SOOOOO many people forget the other meaning of that word. Compromise is never an answer when it comes to principle, ever! If I win I get the trophy, If I lose, I try harder next time. The compromise you are speaking of means everyone gets something for participating. That sir is a flawed principle and never throughout history has it ever worked. YMMV
    Last I checked, zero compromise politics only worked for dictators.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    . . . and Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmouse View Post
    The compromise you are speaking of means everyone gets something for participating. That sir is a flawed principle and never throughout history has it ever worked. YMMV
    It's called trade and is the foundation of capitalism.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That seems to be what a lot of people are going for these days. I wonder how many people have listened to Dan Carlin’s latest Common Sense seems like he was pretty well approved of around here not too long ago.

User Tag List