Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I am pretty sure those aren’t “undecided” or Trump voters bud.
    He lives in Chicago. Anyone to the right of Bill Ayers is considered a libertarian or conservative there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Repeal the 17th amendment?
    Agree. Fuckery perpetuated by the "Progressives". From the time of Woodrow Wilson and Margaret Sanger and the quest to destroy the U.S. Constitution.

With the dumpster fire that is 2020, at least it will be slightly amusing to watch the elected political vermin on both sides forced to directly espouse each other's position from the last time.

It's as-if two groups of idiot protesters are forced to meet in the middle of the street and exchange their idiot placards before continuing to shout at each other with disingenuous idiot slogans. Sociopathic behavior has become completely ubiquitous now. Integrity has become the unforgivable sin. This is the true existential crisis of our time.

I hope they all get 'rona and die choking on their idiot hypocrisy. Then we might have some chance.

It begins, Mitch McConnell's address has been published and protesters are massing... https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ine-will-hold/

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I love how what used to be called "basic human decency" is now politically correct wokeness.
    I agree with this in large measure. It costs nothing to either hold one's tongue or speak respectfully of the recently departed regardless of whether we disagree with their stance or fervently wish for a conservative justice to occupy the seat now vacated.

Personally, I think it says more about the critic than the criticized.

I can think of few here that want her replacement to carry forward the same judicial and political bent...but that doesn't mean we have to openly dance on her grave.

At this point, what difference does it make?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    How about this quote.

[The Senate's constitutional duty to give a fair and timely hearing and a floor vote to the president's Supreme Court nominees has remained inviolable]

I think we can find plenty of statements from both sides contradicting what they are saying now.

The people in charge make the rules.
    Exactly this.

Anyone who believes that the rules must remain static and unchanging does not understand how our co-equal three-branched system works and why they (the rules/laws) do change. Human behavior and our belief systems are dynamic, our laws follow.

Nice post 5pins.

It is not written in the Constitution that we must wait for the completion of the next inauguration to nominate and confirm a replacement for Ginsburg's seat. Typically, it takes a somewhere between 45 and 60 days to complete the process of replacing a United States Supreme Court Justice. How about an "Operation Warp Speed" for the completion of this next appointment?

Here's hoping that Trump can get it done in under 15 days.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-19-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How those words must be ringing in the Dem's ears this morning.

I agree with your position on those who have expressed their condolences for the passing of Ginsburg. While I disagreed with almost everything she did and found her to be a threat to the US Constitution, she is, and was, still one of God's children flawed as she was. While I am content to extend my condolences to her family, there is also plenty of room to appreciate the opportunity presented by this change of circumstances.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I agree with this in large measure. It costs nothing to either hold one's tongue or speak respectfully of the recently departed regardless of whether we disagree with their stance or fervently wish for a conservative justice to occupy the seat now vacated.

Personally, I think it says more about the critic than the criticized.

I can think of few here that want her replacement to carry forward the same judicial and political bent...but that doesn't mean we have to openly dance on her grave.

No one has openly danced on her grave here. It didn't bring me any joy to hear of her cancer or her passing. I just won't mourn for her.

It's not an R vs D thing for me. I didn't mourn for George Bush Sr either.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    So much is at stake. Free speech and the RKBA are threatened. Racial quotas, selective enforcement of laws, and public slandering in the workplace are common. We desperately need a Supreme Court that can temper this extremism before it becomes the law of the land.

It’s not the issues (eg. obviously racism is bad) but the loss of our rights that is by far most important.

Who wins the presidency or controls the senate is trivial by comparison.
    I’ve said it here before: if I could work dark magic, I’d allow Harris to waltz into office with all ten fingers on the Biden puppet strings for 4 years if the exchange was the confirmation of a Trump nominee first. We can—and have—handle 4 years of anyone in the white house more than we can handle an ideological court making bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I love all this politically correct wokeness from people that claim to be on the right. Go ahead and choke back those tears
    I think one of the problems with this viewpoint is that it's very absolute and not a correct representation of those you're speaking to/about, but rather a strawman.

Like most things in life, there's a "happy medium", and it's entirely possible to still hold respect for the situation of America losing a Justice while disagreeing with her politics. This is the same reason that I have a job where I can vehemently disagree about someone's politics but still mercilessly put a NSR into your chest if you try to harm them, as to me and my view on Americanism respect for the process and respect for the position trumps political tribalism.

I generally try to avoid politically divisive absolutes...especially during this day and age. One of my friends....a doctor who used to be very liberal...actually messaged me to tell me that my private commentary and discussions with him throughout the last 7 years is what turned him into a libertarian, so I think my way of going about things has as much merit as making intentionally toxic commentary.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List