Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    Yeah no doubt if I personally pay a price I won't like that, although I guess it depends what the price is. I've got plenty of experience with bad stuff happening to me and it hasn't really dimmed my enjoyment of the breakdown of normalcy...I think it's just an innate quality.

But for sure if my house burns down or something I'd hate that. I don't blame people for hating 2020 and I get why everyone does, but I can't help enjoying it.
    Is Cthulhu rising from the sea on your 2020 bingo card? Just trying to prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I swear to god that if Trump gets re-elected, the only thing left for 2020 to be my favourite year ever would be for Justin Trudeau to get arrested on corruption charges.

This entire year just keeps checking boxes for me.
    Same here.

.. and that should have happened three or four corruptions ago..
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Hammertime

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The article to which you have linked is behind a paywall. Any chance that you can provide a quick cut and paste?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    The article to which you have linked is behind a paywall. Any chance that you can provide a quick cut and paste?
    Here ya go.

What Trump Pick Amy Coney Barrett Could Mean for Future of the Supreme Court

Judge’s legal approach is to look at what constitutional language meant when adopted and zero in on the text of legislation, rather than interpret lawmakers’ purpose

By Jess Bravin, Brent Kendall and Jacob Gershman September 26, 2020, 5:19 p.m. EDT

If confirmed to the Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett could culminate a decadeslong quest to ensure a conservative imprint on American law, affecting the role of government, the rights of individuals and the interpretation of such long-debated constitutional terms as equal protection, due process of law and cruel and unusual punishment.

Most Supreme Court appointees since 1969—15 of 19—were nominated by Republicans, but conservatives have fallen short of fully displacing numerous progressive legal doctrines that took hold in the 1930s and flowered in the 1950s and ’60s under Chief Justice Earl Warren. Since that era, liberals have largely maintained a durable minority of four votes, slowing the court’s move to the right and sporadically able to secure 5-4 victories when a single conservative’s views overlapped their own.

The death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg gave conservatives an opportunity to cement their dominance. Judge Barrett, whom President Trump picked to fill the vacancy on Saturday, appears tailor-made for a mission many conservatives hope will redefine constitutional interpretation.

(rest at link - please don't post full copies of copyrighted material - Mod)

@Shellback

Please refrain from posting copyrighted material on pistol-forum.com unless you are the copyright holder or have written permission from the copyright holder. This includes photographs, wholesale reposts of threads/articles from other websites, wire services, etc.

It is perfectly allowable to post a link along with a thumbnail or snippet.

Copyrighted material which is posted without following these guidelines is subject to deletion without warning.

Thank you,
    pistol-forum.com Staff
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 09-27-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Here ya go.
    Removed.
    Thank you! Very much appreciated!
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 09-27-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

@Shellback, just an FYI, the #shitmods usually frown on full-article quotes of copyrighted material.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Here, this may work - I found the link using the Google News workaround:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-tr...rt-11601155192

Edit - I guess not. Search for the article title using Google and the News filter, and you should be able to directly navigate to the article.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @Shellback, just an FYI, the #shitmods usually frown on full-article quotes of copyrighted material.
    Not trying to be a dick but honest question. Doesn't posting the link to the source square with the copyright?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but honest question. Doesn't posting the link to the source square with the copyright?
    Good question. @LittleLebowski, can you clarify?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List