Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CREEPING

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Missing something here I guess. Why is your daughter standing outside taking orders? Don't they have a drive thru?

I don't do fast food....clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Chic fila has such large volumes and personalized friendly service that they have multiple lanes taking orders all by a friendly representative.

If you like fried chicken u might wanna try it
    Despite the volume UNK mentioned Chik Fil A has the fastest most efficient drive through system in the industry. The have multiple associates outside with mobile tablets taking orders and card payments at the start of the line, next they have associates outside handling cash payments and receipts for the card payments at a cart or stand. Then depending on drive through volume you either get your food at the window or a third set of associates brings your food from the window.

Chik Fil A Drive thru has become so synonymous with efficiency that it was referenced in complaints about COVID testing processes.

These videos show them in action:

Last edited by HCM; 09-18-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks guys I knew good advice would be forthcoming. Validates some of my thoughts and some new ideas too.
    She is doing an internship at the business office right now and Ive told her she has to figure the right person to approach about this.
    Also you are correct this is part of life. She has to learn to handle things, I think she he progressed well from the first incident which really upset her to the point she is at now where she reacts in relation to whats said and the individual. Shes not panicking she knows the vehicle and can provide relevant details about the individuals such as tattoos hair glasses age nervous mannerisms etc etc. Im really appreciative that she discusses these things with me and seeks my advice and also the participants of this forum for feedback.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Chic fila has such large volumes and personalized friendly service that they have multiple lanes taking orders all by a friendly representative.

If you like fried chicken u might wanna try it
    I understand what you are saying and I do agree that the times (two) I've been to Chic Fila (both inside) the service was great. The food was good, nothing to rave about, what I would expect for the price.

I often ask myself why apparently otherwise sane people will sit in line for 10 to 15 minutes at a drive through. It's nuts as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get the CF concept of having folks out there taking your order, it is fast food, not cooking steaks to order, and you still have to wait for all the cars in front of you before you can escape. Good PR though.

She makes damn sure any guy who she is out with walks her to the door comes in and introduces himself because she knows what my opinion is of teenage boys.
    I didn't allow my daughters to go out with anyone I hadn't met. The meant introduction before the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I didn't allow my daughters to go out with anyone I hadn't met. The meant introduction before the date.
    These arent dates. Theses are rides home from work or rides back from friends houses she has walked to to join a family dinner.
    Shes 16 not dating yet. Maybe never 😂

These arent dates. Theses are rides home from work or rides back from friends houses she has walked to to join a family dinner.
    Shes 16 not dating yet. Maybe never 😂
    Dreamer! LOL Great that you talk in such detail (not the right word but you know what I mean).

I understand what you are saying and I do agree that the times (two) I've been to Chic Fila (both inside) the service was great. The food was good, nothing to rave about, what I would expect for the price.

I often ask myself why apparently otherwise sane people will sit in line for 10 to 15 minutes at a drive through. It's nuts as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get the CF concept of having folks out there taking your order, it is fast food, not cooking steaks to order, and you still have to wait for all the cars in front of you before you can escape. Good PR though.
    You cant dine in right now but u can walk in and there's no line or they have an app I believe that you can order your food in advance. No waiting.

My niece deals with this on a nightly basis at the fast food chain she works at. Management doesn't care until the person touches them or makes blatantly obscene remarks to them.

Site Supporter

You may not get it but there is a real process there, it's not just PR.

Taking orders and payment while you are in line moves the whole line faster. You will not spend 15 minutes in line at a fully staffed Chik Fil A drive thru. Doing multiple tasks simultaneously allows things do be done sooner, even though the individual component actions are not done any faster.

You may look at the CFA line and assume it's a 15 minute wait, and it might be somewhere else, but it won't be at CFA. We like to talk about how shooting performance numbers like times and scores don't lie. Well, the numbers of cars/orders the CFA system can process in an hour doesn't lie either.

The last stage, bringing orders out to cars still in line may not befit you personally at that point, but once the car at the window moves, so do the 2 or 3 behind it which moves the rest of the line sooner. Thus still benefitted from them clearing out the 3 or 4 cars getting food at the time you joined the line and placed your order.

Watch the videos I posted.

Theres a thread here that goes into some detail about the chain. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post886691

User Tag List