Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CREEPING

CREEPING

Ya those creepy mfers who hit on young women. Im talking 16 y.o. young. 20s up to fifties. Apparently taking orders outside at chic fila draws them like zombies to fresh blood. Well maybe not that bad but several a day.
    I just told her today to ask for their phone numbers and give them to me. That wasnt well received and neither was the offer to stand next to her all day. Typical dad reaction I guess.
    So we talked about the presentation depending who was in the car. Guys alone will no longer get the friendly treatment. Straight up business. Monotone.
    And you guys with boys dont think they arent getting the same treatment just not as frequently.
    We’re going to try some different approaches to see what works and talks with management is going to be happening soon because there needs to be a policy.
    How would you (realistically please) advise on handling these situations.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

As the father of a daughter I am not looking forward to dealing with this. Ill be interested in seeing what other people have to say who have older children. I have not experienced this yet as my daughter is only three. Ill be taking notes.

Pepper spray in the pocket?
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    As the father of a daughter I am not looking forward to dealing with this. Ill be interested in seeing what other people have to say who have older children. I have not experienced this yet as my daughter is only three. Ill be taking notes.

Pepper spray in the pocket?
    Its not physical although standing outside taking orders doesnt strike me as particularly safe. Its comments, asking for phone number type thing.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Her franchise manager should be dealing with this. Maybe assigning a shift manager to be outside monitoring things.

If it can be shown to CFA mgt to be a real issue, maybe also suggest to them (CFA) that each person taking orders be given a badge to pin onto shirt, conspicuously saying "This conversation will be monitored/recorded to ensure accuracy of your order." or something similar.

Site Supporter
    She needs to get some advice from women also since they have actually been dealing with this most of their lives.

Being a realist if she isn’t prepared to deal with this right now she needs to find a job where she isn’t dealing with the public for the time being because this is what every women who work in the service industry deal with every single day.

I’ll also call myself out and say that I asked for the number of the local chick fil a manager who would always talk to me in Spanish to help me practice and didn’t wear her wedding ring at work. I’ve also dated a couple of other women who I met while they were working and I was a client. I’ve also been turned down by a few. (All these women were also age appropriate)

I don’t have kids, but I don’t envy the position you’re in I know you’re just trying to protect your daughter.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Missing something here I guess. Why is your daughter standing outside taking orders? Don't they have a drive thru?

I don't do fast food....clueless.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Realistically, my advice would be that you talk with a woman whose judgement you trust and ask her, instead of a group of (predominantly) men who hang out on a gun forum. You and I have no conception of the sheer volume of this kind of thing that an attractive young woman is subjected to. The advice we can offer is pretty limited, and less likely to be practicable for someone like your daughter, because our status and the way people respond to us is wildly different. I had no idea just how true this is until I started dating a woman who's attractive, works in a public facing position, supplements her income as a bartender and is vocal about the shit she and her peers deal with day in and day out (most women aren't). Beyond that I'd say she should be polite, professional, not overly friendly but not rude and she should not take it personally when some guy reacts badly to her non-responsiveness. She should also trust her instincts, try never to walk to her car alone after a shift if she can help it and follow all of the advice that you are no doubt giving her about maintaining situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Its not physical although standing outside taking orders doesnt strike me as particularly safe. Its comments, asking for phone number type thing.
    My philosophy with my daughter is to fill her up with as much self confidence/ self worth as I can, hopefully making her better able to deal with this kind of situation as she dosen't need another person to validate her (i am in no way saying your daughter does im just explaining my philosophy). I dont know if there is any way to stop these solicitations from happening seeing as how she must interact with these people. So now the the focus turns to better preparing her to deal with these situations as they come up. Making shure she knows that its not ok for older men to be doing these things then going over ways to recognize when its happening and ways to exit the situation. Id still load her up with pepper spray tho..... possibly a grenade or two to slip through the crack in the window.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Why can’t people just be polite, order their food and proceed through the drive- thru, and move on with their day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List